Does Emma have a LeadPages integration?

• Question
  • Updated 4 years ago
  • Answered
  • (Edited)
Does Emma have integration with LeadPages? (leadpages.net)
Photo of WWC

WWC

• 51 Posts
  • 5 Reply Likes

Posted 5 years ago

Photo of Katie Lewis

Katie Lewis, Official Rep

• 3414 Posts
  • 309 Reply Likes
Hello! We do not have an integration with LeadPages. If we did, what would you like to be able to do with that integration? I’d love to share those goals with our Integrations Team as we look at connections to build down the line.
Photo of WWC

WWC

• 51 Posts
  • 5 Reply Likes
Hi Katie! A hopefully new web site client is going to be using LeadPages on his new site & asked if my email marketing service integrated with it.
While I'll know more once he becomes a client (speaking positively!) from what he's told me so far, he'll be using LeadPages to create landing pages for folks to sign up for his email list. With the email marketing service providers that LeadPages does integrate with, the people that sign up are added to the list in the email marketing account. Users of LeadPages can also have campaigns saved in their email marketing account sent automatically through their LeadPages account.
Frankly at this point, I'm not sure the benefit of using LeadPages along with an email marketing service. So far it seems to me that a person can do the same things with their email marketing account as they can through LeadPages. I'd be happy to share more as I learn more about LeadPages & how he's using it if that will help you folks.
Photo of Katie Lewis

• 3414 Posts
  • 309 Reply Likes
Hi again! The good news is that your client can definitely create a signup form in Emma and add it to their website. Anyone who subscribes there will automatically be added to their Emma audience. Another option would be to create their own custom form outside of Emma and connect it to their account using our API. It doesn’t sound like a full-on integration is needed for their goals here.

I’m not familiar with LeadPages, but a big benefit in sending email through Emma rather than a website is that the analytics — clicks, opens, optouts, etc. — are all stored in your account alongside the mailings.

Let me know if I can help answer any other questions about this!
Photo of WWC

WWC

• 51 Posts
  • 5 Reply Likes
Hello! Thank you, I'll need to find out more about why they want to use LeadPages & if there's any benefit beyond what they'd get from their Emma account.
Thanks!
Photo of Lori Hardegree

Lori Hardegree

• 2 Posts
  • 0 Reply Likes
We just recently signed up for an agency account and unfortunately we will likely have to cancel due to the fact that we can not connect our opt in forms created in Emma with LeadPages. All we need it is the access to the HTML code for the form, not Java Script, and it would work fine. I've tried opening the form in a browser window and copying from the source panel but that isn't working. We use lead pages for landing pages and sales pages. It is such a huge tool for us and all of our independent agents that it is a deal breaker for us. Any chance the HTML code for the form can be added as a publish option?
Photo of WWC

WWC

• 36 Posts
  • 3 Reply Likes
Hi Lori,
When you're in your LeadPages account, under Integrations, there is an option under Email Marketing Services named "Other Copy / Paste". If you haven't already, you might try using that along with your Emma signup form ID.
Photo of Excel Wellness Studio

Excel Wellness Studio

• 4 Posts
  • 0 Reply Likes
I just started using LeadPages as well and have been a MyEmma customer for years. Where do I find the code in MyEmma to copy/paste into my LeadPages Integration? When they opt in through my LeadPage can they be dumped into a specific audience I have created in MyEmma?
Photo of Katie Lewis

• 3414 Posts
  • 309 Reply Likes
Hello! Are you looking for your signup form ID? To find it, jump into a signup form on your Audience page, and click Publish this signup form. The signup ID is listed at the bottom of the popup window.

Excel Wellness Studio

• 4 Posts
  • 0 Reply Likes
I went there, but I need an (un-styled) HTML web form code to put into my LeadPages account. Is the HTML version available?
Photo of Katie Lewis

• 3414 Posts
  • 309 Reply Likes
You can grab code for a few versions (like JavaScript) of the signup form there, but if you're wanting to build a customized form that Emma's signup form tool doesn't enable, I suggest creating a form outside of Emma and using our open API to link it. That way, you're in control of the code and the form's styling.

Excel Wellness Studio

• 4 Posts
  • 0 Reply Likes
I don't think that's what I'm looking for. LeadPages creates the opt in box, I just need the code so that when someone enters their info it dumps into a specific audience I've created in MyEmma. I'm guessing from the conversations above that you guys don't offer that. 
Photo of Katie Lewis

• 3414 Posts
  • 309 Reply Likes
I'm sorry, I don't think I'm quite hitting upon what you're needing. You can use the API to connect an outside form to your Emma audience so that any subscribers who go through that form are added to the audience group of your choice. Or, you can use an Emma signup form created in your account to indicate which audience group subscribers should be added to.

For the latter, you can indicate which group when in Edit mode of your signup form -- You'll click the add or remove groups button.

As for the HTML behind the Emma-created signup form, there isn't a way to grab that from within your account. I've heard from other clients that they've viewed the page source of the form and grabbed code from there, but that isn't a workaround we'd be able to provide account support for if it didn't work. If you decide to give that a go, do let us know if that code works for you!
Photo of Katie Lewis

• 3414 Posts
  • 309 Reply Likes
That looks similar to what I see when I view a signup form's page source. Have you tried doing that with one of your Emma signup forms? Here are the steps I followed in Firefox:

1. Go to a signup form on the Audience page, and click to open it.
  2. Click the Publish this signup form button, and copy the URL in the Link to it field.
  3. Open a new tab, and paste in the URL to go there.
  4. Click Tools > Web Developer > Page Source. Here's what I see:

I don't know for sure that this will work in your LeadPages account, but it's definitely worth a go.
Photo of Dave Ruch

Dave Ruch

• 11 Posts
  • 0 Reply Likes
Katie - I think this is what the poster (and certainly what I) would like to do, without API.  Wondering why Emma isn't on this list.
(Edited)
Photo of Katie Lewis

• 3414 Posts
  • 309 Reply Likes
Thanks, Dave! There are a bunch of exciting integrations in the pipeline, and LeadPages is one of them. :) LeadPages is building the integration themselves and hope to launch this summer, so stay tuned!
Photo of Dave Ruch

Dave Ruch

• 11 Posts
  • 0 Reply Likes
Glad to hear it!  Please keep us posted.
Photo of WWC

WWC

• 36 Posts
  • 3 Reply Likes
Hello Katie!
Very exciting that Emma now integrates with LeadPages. As a private label agency I'm wondering how this could work for my clients.
(Edited)
Photo of Emily Hollingsworth

Emily Hollingsworth, Alum

• 2203 Posts
  • 158 Reply Likes
Official Response
Hey folks -- We now have a LeadPages integration, which you can read more about here! There isn't a private labeled version of this integration, but you can reach out to LeadPages to see what other options they might have available outside of the integration.