lightbox form causes page to freeze

• Problem
  • Updated 7 months ago
Archived and Closed

This conversation is no longer open for comments or replies and is no longer visible to community members. The community moderator provided the following reason for archiving: EOL CLEANUP

I added a lightbox form to this page:
http://www.econoday.com/myemma-test.aspx

PROBLEM: Eventually the scrollbar disappears and you can't scroll the page.

Photo of Econoday

Econoday

• 2 Posts
  • 1 Reply Like

Posted 1 year ago

Photo of Grey Stepp

Grey Stepp, Support Team Manager

• 1700 Posts
  • 135 Reply Likes
Hi there Econoday!   Thanks for reaching out!  

Typically the issues we see with Lightbox forms not playing well on a site is due to a conflicting script on the site.  I wouldn't be able to do any testing with seeing what it might be, as I can't edit your site.  Sometimes the best way to do it is to turn off one thing at a time and see if you can find the culprit.

That said, I wasn't able to get your site to freeze when testing.  The lightbox pops up, then when I close it, the page returns to scrolling like normal.  This was in an incognito window in Chrome.  

Are you still having trouble with it?  Is it only doing it on specific browsers?  

If there's any more information I can provide you with, I'm happy to!   Just let me know!

-Grey
Photo of Econoday

Econoday

• 2 Posts
  • 1 Reply Like
yes still having the same trouble (no one gave me any way to fix the problem) Does anyone have anything helpful to say about this?
Photo of Grey Stepp

• 1700 Posts
  • 135 Reply Likes
Hey there, were you ever able to do any testing of the other elements of your website that might be interfering with the Lightbox code?  

I tested again and was unable to recreate the freezing issue in Chrome.  Can you tell me if it seems to be a browser specific issue?  

Again, as we don't have control over your website code, there's not a way for us to test to find the issue.  Really the key is going to be testing the code on your site to figure out what's causing the issues you're seeing.  

I'm happy to provide whatever help I can if there are specific questions I can answer.  Just let me know! 

-G
Photo of Marena Group, LLC

Marena Group, LLC

• 4 Posts
  • 1 Reply Like
We are having a similar issue on https://marenagroup.com - I've turned off our Emma lightbox forms for now, because of the issue being so disruptive to the user experience. I'm reactivating one of them on https://marenagroup.com/compression-garments/mens-sport/arm-calf-sleeves/ so that I can test it, recognizing there's a script conflict somewhere. It sucks because this has been a sporadic issue for awhile but I thought it was just me. Now that I know our users were seeing it but maybe didn't think it was annoying enough to complain about, I had to shut them down.
Photo of Grey Stepp

• 1700 Posts
  • 135 Reply Likes
Please let us know if you find the conflicting script in case that may help someone else in the future!  

I do notice that the script for the lightbox appears twice on your website code.  It should only appear once down at the bottom just above the closing body tag.  

Let me know if we can help any further!