Link color won't change when editing in a text box

• Question
  • Updated 4 years ago
  • Answered
Archived and Closed

This conversation is no longer open for comments or replies and is no longer visible to community members.

I don't get this? If you can edit the link colors while editing in a text box, why do I need to have the design team make the change for me?

BTW, I can't get the link color to change when editing in a text box to work.

Note: This conversation was created from a reply on: Can I edit the HTML for a template to change the link color?.
Photo of University of New Mexico-Los Alamos

University of New Mexico-Los Alamos

• 14 Posts
  • 0 Reply Likes

Posted 4 years ago

Photo of Emily Hollingsworth

Emily Hollingsworth, Alum

• 2203 Posts
  • 158 Reply Likes
Hi there -- Sorry for the confusion! Katie's post is making the distinction between editing the text in your mailing and changing the default color of your links by accessing the template code, which only our design team can do. I hope that helps to clarify things!

I hopped into your most recent draft to see if I could identify what's going on with your links! I don't see any links in your "Counselor Invite" mailing. If you can point me to where you're having trouble changing the link color, I'm happy to take a look!
Photo of Clean Energy Collective

Clean Energy Collective

• 25 Posts
  • 3 Reply Likes
If I add a link to a piece of text, I lose my color formatting, even if I go into the html code to change it.  I did the same thing with another mailing a few days ago and had no problem.  Please make it available for me to make links whatever color I choose.  The example mailing I'm referring to is: Roofless Intro - Denver Discount

Clean Energy Collective

• 25 Posts
  • 3 Reply Likes
If I try to reformat it, sometimes it works and sometimes not...

• 2203 Posts
  • 158 Reply Likes
Hi Clean Energy -- I'd like to try and replicate this in your mailing, so I want to make sure I understand your process here. Are you formatting your text with colors/styles and then adding a hyperlink? Or, is the text already styled by default as part of your Clean Energy Template? 

Should I be working with the green links (Find Out Why, See How, Learn More, etc.)? Thanks!

Clean Energy Collective

• 25 Posts
  • 3 Reply Likes
Hi Emily, yes the green links.  I actually got those to turn green after many many attempts...like I said, sometimes works, sometimes doesn't.  I've tried both ways, adding hyperlink first, then formatting color as well as vice versa.  If you research, please make a copy of that email for testing as the existing one will be used for a live send today and I have it just how I need it.  Thank you.

• 2203 Posts
  • 158 Reply Likes
Sorry for my delay here! I ran a test in your account by formatting text with the link and color in two different ways. When adding the link first and the font color second, the color sticks. When I format the text with font color first and then add the link, the linked text reverts back to black, and I'm forced to add the font color again.

It appears the link is reverting back to the default for this custom template. I'm not sure there's a way to avoid that, other than linking the text first and formatting second, which we recommend anyway as the ideal workflow.