Link images to personalization tags

• Idea
  • Updated 5 years ago
  • Implemented
Archived and Closed

This conversation is no longer open for comments or replies and is no longer visible to community members. The community moderator provided the following reason for archiving: Implemented!

And yet a lot of people are VISUAL. Emma should know that! (That's part of the reason you guys offer so many pretty templates.) People may not read the whole message, but they'll click a nice, big, blue button that says Update Your Info.

You guys need to remove the blockade that's causing Personalization Tags to not work with images.

Let me know when it's done!

Thank you, Greg!

Note: This topic was created from a reply on the Where can I find videos showing me how to use Personalization tags? topic.
Photo of Rowell Family Empowerment of Northern California

Posted 5 years ago

This reply was created from a merged topic originally titled
Personalization tags need to work with linked images in Emma.

[subject here]. This is a problem because currently Personalization tags don't work when linked to images in Emma. Please remedy this, Emma!
Photo of Katie Lewis

Katie Lewis, Official Rep

• 3414 Posts
  • 309 Reply Likes
Hi there! You make a great point that we encourage folks to use buttons as calls to action, yet if you want to link your button to a personalization tag, that necessitates some HTML finagling right now.

I talked with our Editor Team's product owner, and this idea falls under some of the other image upgrades we'd like to make in the next 12 months. It doesn't specifically fall onto our roadmap right now, so I'm marking this as Under Consideration while we continue exploring what building this entails. I'll keep you posted here with updates as they come. Thank you for pointing out this limitation!
Photo of Katie Lewis

Katie Lewis, Official Rep

• 3414 Posts
  • 309 Reply Likes
Official Response
Hello! You can now link images to personalization tags. Here's how it looks within the image modal: