Link in new signup notification email goes to error page

• Problem
  • Updated 3 years ago
  • Solved
Archived and Closed

This conversation is no longer open for comments or replies and is no longer visible to community members.

I got a notification today that 2 people signed up..

But when i click on the links nothing happens..

Email I got:

Error Notification:

Note: This topic was created from a reply on the Auto notify agency account holder when trial customers sign up topic.
Photo of InDygital

InDygital

• 13 Posts
  • 0 Reply Likes

Posted 6 years ago

Photo of Katie Lewis

Katie Lewis, Official Rep

• 3414 Posts
  • 309 Reply Likes
Hey there! This looks like the notification you receive when someone signs up for a specific email list, not the new account invitation process; is that right? I’m doing some testing regarding our signup forms, but I want to make sure first that I understand which feature you’re using before moving this out to a separate conversation. Let me know!
Photo of Mike Rizzo

Mike Rizzo

• 40 Posts
  • 1 Reply Like
Yeah it looks like it would have been here: https://app.e2ma.net/app2/audience/si... (which is on my contact us page)
Photo of Katie Lewis

• 3414 Posts
  • 309 Reply Likes
Mike, I’m running a test for this. Since it looks like your signup form is set up to notify you once a day, that’s the test I’m running. It will take, well, a day to run the test. :) I hope to have some news for you tomorrow.
Photo of Mike Rizzo

Mike Rizzo

• 40 Posts
  • 1 Reply Like
Thanks!
Photo of Katie Lewis

• 3414 Posts
  • 309 Reply Likes
Thanks for your patience! It turns out this helped us find two bugs: The first is that links in the daily signup notification email go to an error page or don't work at all, so I've updated the subject line here to reflect that.

The second is that daily signup notifications are sending in error. We did some digging and found that you actually didn't have new signups, and that notification sent phony information.

I've created a separate conversation to track the second bug, if you'd like to follow it here. Thanks so much for your help with this, Mike. It's a bummer that we have these two issues, but now that they've been discovered we can work toward correcting them. I'll keep both conversations updated with the latest.
Photo of Grey Stepp

Grey Stepp, Support Team Manager

• 1700 Posts
  • 135 Reply Likes
Official Response
Hey there, I wanted to go ahead and post an update to let you know that this bug has been resolved!  Signup notifications are working as expected now.  

Cheers!

- Grey