Can I update content in my mailing after I've already sent it?

• Question
  • Updated 2 years ago
  • Answered
  • (Edited)
Archived and Closed

This conversation is no longer open for comments or replies and is no longer visible to community members. The community moderator provided the following reason for archiving: EOL CLEANUP

Hi everyone. My company sent out a mailing using the html to link to a png file. We had to make a change to this png file and I need to know whether we need to send a replacement mailing or whether the image update will reflect automatically in every recipient's email? Has anyone had experience with this?
Photo of Langan Engineering & Environmental Services

Posted 5 years ago

Photo of Emily Hollingsworth

Emily Hollingsworth, Alum

• 2203 Posts
  • 158 Reply Likes
Official Response
Hi there -- That's a great question! Once the mailing is sent, any changes made in the editor will not be reflected in your recipients' inboxes. You can think of it kind of like a snapshot. Once the picture is taken and sent, you'll have to take a new picture and resend it to reflect any changes to the mailing content.

I hope this helps!
Photo of Emily Hollingsworth

Emily Hollingsworth, Alum

• 2203 Posts
  • 158 Reply Likes
I've updated the subject line here so that other users can find this conversation more easily!
Photo of Springfieldmoms.org

Springfieldmoms.org

• 4 Posts
  • 0 Reply Likes
Can you edit it and get the content to change on the web view version?
Photo of Grey Stepp

Grey Stepp, Support Team Manager

• 1700 Posts
  • 135 Reply Likes
Hi there, the webview, similar to how Emily explained above, the webview is going to be that same "snapshot" of the mailing as it was at the time of send and there isn't a way to edit it.  
Photo of CJMW Architecture

CJMW Architecture

• 3 Posts
  • 0 Reply Likes
I know this is an old thread, but I sometimes I want to use sent mailings as a base for a new one (like for a yearly event). If I haven't saved it as a template, can I re-open the content to edit/update and save as a new mailing?
Photo of Grey Stepp

Grey Stepp, Support Team Manager

• 1700 Posts
  • 135 Reply Likes
Absolutely!   Head to the sent folder in your account and click the arrow to the right of the mailing you'd like to copy and choose "DUPLICATE" 

That will open a new copy of that mailing as a Draft and you can edit and send from there!  

Let me know if you have any questions! 

- G
Photo of CJMW Architecture

CJMW Architecture

• 3 Posts
  • 0 Reply Likes
Of course! Thank you!