Using hex values in HTML code doesn't take effect.

• Question
  • Updated 5 years ago
  • Answered
  • (Edited)
Archived and Closed

This conversation is no longer open for comments or replies and is no longer visible to community members.

After MyEmma changed the default link color to black, I started specifying in the style tag for the links to be colored blue (style="color:#0000cc; text-decoration:none;"), which worked for a while. Then recently, they've been coming through as black again. 

I am uploading my own HTML, not using a template. What's going on? Was something changed again?

Thanks, Patricia
Photo of Internews Network

Internews Network

• 59 Posts
  • 0 Reply Likes

Posted 5 years ago

Photo of Emily Hollingsworth

Emily Hollingsworth, Alum

• 2203 Posts
  • 158 Reply Likes
Hi Patricia -- I hopped into your account and viewed your most recent draft. It looks like those links are blue now, but I also noticed that you are coding using hex values instead of rgb. If you're still having trouble, try replacing that style="color:#0000cc;" with style="color: rgb(0, 0, 0);".

Let me know if you still need some help. Thanks!

• 2203 Posts
  • 158 Reply Likes
Just a note -- I've updated the subject line here so that others with the same question can find it!

Internews Network

• 59 Posts
  • 0 Reply Likes
Thanks Emily, but it looks like that's not the problem, at least for us. We figured out that the problem only occurs when I send the email to someone at my organization so apparently a recent "upgrade" of our spam filter is changing the link color. So my new question is when emails are sent out from MyEmma, is the sender email address always the same so that we can whitelist it and not have it go through the filter? And if so, how do I find out what the email address is? I don't mean the one we put as our return address but the one that it's actually sent from. thanks, Patricia

• 2203 Posts
  • 158 Reply Likes
Hey there -- It sounds like you'll need to whitelist Emma's range of IP addresses since you're issue is isolated to your internal domain. You can find those instructions here!

Internews Network

• 59 Posts
  • 0 Reply Likes
Thanks!