Links are black, not blue

• Question
  • Updated 4 years ago
  • Answered
Archived and Closed

This conversation is no longer open for comments or replies and is no longer visible to community members. The community moderator provided the following reason for archiving: Resolved

The links in emails I've sent out from MyEmma have always defaulted to blue unless I specifically styled them differently. Now they seem to be defaulting to black. I even checked an old email that had already been sent and had blue links, now they are black.
Photo of Internews Network

Internews Network

• 59 Posts
  • 0 Reply Likes

Posted 5 years ago

Photo of Marc Russell

Marc Russell

• 64 Posts
  • 40 Reply Likes
It could be the "visited" color being active in your email client. Is it happening on a new email with a new hyperlink that you haven't clicked on before?

Internews Network

• 59 Posts
  • 0 Reply Likes
Yes. And it seems to be black, not the purple of a visited link.
Photo of Marc Russell

Marc Russell

• 64 Posts
  • 40 Reply Likes
Is it the classic or drag/drop?

Internews Network

• 59 Posts
  • 0 Reply Likes
I'm uploading my own HTML.
Photo of Tyler Scott

Tyler Scott, Employee

• 805 Posts
  • 39 Reply Likes
Good morning! So with the new template wrapper which was officially released this week, the default link is indeed black now. You can definitely still apply your desired styling to those links though making them any color you choose.

Please let me know if you have any questions.
Photo of Blood Assurance

Blood Assurance

• 16 Posts
  • 7 Reply Likes
@Tyler, can this be made something customizable in our account? I actually find this to be a very annoying "feature" because it means extra work for me every time I add a link. In fact, I don't exactly understand the rationale behind doing this at all.
Photo of Marc Russell

Marc Russell

• 64 Posts
  • 40 Reply Likes
If you use your own templates, you can assign the style to overwrite with CSS.

For example: a, a:active, a:visited { color: #myfavortiehexcolorhere; }
(Edited)

Internews Network

• 59 Posts
  • 0 Reply Likes
Thanks. That answered my question.
Photo of Cultural Alliance of Fairfield County

Cultural Alliance of Fairfield County

• 15 Posts
  • 0 Reply Likes
And if you are not using your own template how do you change default colors. I'm annoyed that the default black chosen for all text is 333333 not 000000. I often have to go in several times to change the gray to a nice crisp black. Who decided we all wanted gray not black?
Photo of Emily Hollingsworth

Emily Hollingsworth, Alum

• 2203 Posts
  • 158 Reply Likes
Hello there -- I replied to your other post, but wanted to give a brief update here as well. There is no way to change the default font color of a template using the editor. You can customize the font color of each text block by adding your hex value to the text color box on the formatting tool bar. We do have services available for tailoring a gallery template to meet your brand's needs, if you're interested!
Photo of Heather Shelby Design

Heather Shelby Design

• 2 Posts
  • 2 Reply Likes
We are not uploading our own OR using an EMMA template. We have a template EMMA built for us. How can we get this "fixed"?  I agree with everyone else. This is extremely annoying and not a good design practice for usability.
Photo of Emily Hollingsworth

Emily Hollingsworth, Alum

• 2203 Posts
  • 158 Reply Likes
Hi Heather -- You can submit our design form for revisions to your custom template! A designer will reach out to get started on that work for you.
Photo of Warm 'n Fuzzy

Warm 'n Fuzzy

• 4 Posts
  • 0 Reply Likes
Just chiming in here.  I don't see how black could possibly be the best possible default hyperlink color... the average user would not think to click on it.  There should really be an option within the "edit link" dialog box for text color (which would preferably stay at the last-used setting).
Photo of Katie Lewis

Katie Lewis, Official Rep

• 3414 Posts
  • 309 Reply Likes
Hi! I'm creating a new thread for us to chat through your idea.

Please reference the new conversation here: Create option to set link color from within the Edit Link box