Why are my emails still in progress?

• Question
  • Updated 4 years ago
  • Answered
  • (Edited)
I have had 7 emails "in progress" for over 3 hours. Does that mean something is wrong with them or is it haveing difficultiy with recieving servers?
Photo of Greater Dallas Business Ethics Award

Greater Dallas Business Ethics Award

• 3 Posts
  • 0 Reply Likes

Posted 6 years ago

Photo of Brittany Fowler

Brittany Fowler, Champion

• 169 Posts
  • 7 Reply Likes
Official Response
Hi there,

Great question, and there's nothing wrong with them! The 'in progress' is an indicator of those emails awaiting delivery. These emails are waiting on a response from the receiving server on whether it will accept them. Also, sometimes you might see a mailing in progress for up to 30 hours after you initially send. That's because we may not get through to all email addresses on the first attempt (they might have a full inbox or temporary server problem), so we'll try again a few more times. We do immediately attempt delivery, but we're not able to determine how quickly the receiving server accepts the message.
Photo of Greater Dallas Business Ethics Award

Greater Dallas Business Ethics Award

• 3 Posts
  • 0 Reply Likes
Thank you this was helpful. I noticed that late Saturday evening they had all finally cleared.
Photo of Marion

Marion

• 13 Posts
  • 0 Reply Likes
This reply was created from a merged topic originally titled Why would a mailing take 2 hours to go from In Progress to Completed?.
Photo of CommonBond

CommonBond

• 11 Posts
  • 0 Reply Likes
How can I see results of a campaign if it's still in progress? I have a campaign that's currently "in progress" and my personal email was on the list. I received the email, opened it, and clicked on it yet those results are unavailable.
Photo of Emily Hollingsworth

Emily Hollingsworth, Alum

• 2203 Posts
  • 158 Reply Likes
Hi there! I jumped into your account and can see that you currently have a Split Test mailing running. For any regularly sent mailing, the response data should start to populate within minutes -- that will depend a bit on the receiving servers and how quickly your recipients are interacting with the mailing. 

Response data for a split test mailing doesn't begin to populate until the 4 hour testing period is completed -- opens are the primary focus during that period. Once the winning subject line is sent to the remaining 80% of your send group, you'll see the rest of your response begin to populate!