Love the new responsive email templates, so what about the layout for the online version?

• Idea
  • Updated 6 years ago
  • Implemented
Archived and Closed

This conversation is no longer open for comments or replies and is no longer visible to community members. The community moderator provided the following reason for archiving: Resolved

Please pardon me if this has been addressed elsewhere in the forum. I promise I did look first.

Recently, I've been more and more sensitive to my audience using mobile devices. Google Analytics recently revealed that just over 50% of all my website visitors are coming in on smartphones and tablets. And that trend is growing rapidly.

So, I'm a big fan of your new drag-and-drop editor and new responsive email templates, but I just realized the online version of my mailings does not appear to use responsive design yet.

Is this an oversight? Or did I miss something obvious?

This becomes a bit of an issue when someone uses the social buttons in the email to post on Facebook and Twitter because the link to the online version results in a scaled-down HTML version of the email on a small screen -- not the slick, responsive layout that the original email used to display.

Is a fix in the works? Many thanks in advance!
Photo of Ted Hogan

Ted Hogan, Champion

• 145 Posts
  • 83 Reply Likes

Posted 6 years ago

Photo of Katie Lewis

Katie Lewis, Official Rep

• 3414 Posts
  • 309 Reply Likes
Hi Ted! This is a great idea and one that I can see is in our product team’s backlog, so there’s been chatter about it before, though not in Emma Community. I’m checking in with them to see if any work’s been done on it and where it falls in the scheme of our plans.

I’ll keep you posted!
Photo of Ted Hogan

Ted Hogan, Champion

• 145 Posts
  • 83 Reply Likes
<gentle><nudge>
Thanks for the prompt reply, Katie. Emma email totally rocks, so I confess it surprised me a little when I accidentally stumbled into this after sending out my most recent broadcast mailing. I assumed if the email templates were responsive, that the online version was as well. 
</nudge></gentle>

Photo of Katie Lewis

• 3414 Posts
  • 309 Reply Likes
Yep, I totally understand. It’s a process, so we started with mobile-optimizing all readymade templates in the template gallery, then we started offering mobile optimization for custom template requests and we’re moving forward from there, inching toward that goal of total optimization domination. :)
Photo of Ted Hogan

Ted Hogan, Champion

• 145 Posts
  • 83 Reply Likes
I completely understand about backlogs ... I'm trying to chainsaw through  some of mine this week. BTW, I really like the idea of "total optimization domination".   That's a worthy process goal! 

;)
(Edited)
Photo of Katie Lewis

• 3414 Posts
  • 309 Reply Likes
Good news, Ted — We’re going to try to fit this in, in the next month or so. So glad you shared this idea!
Photo of Ted Hogan

Ted Hogan, Champion

• 145 Posts
  • 83 Reply Likes
Sounds good to me ... thanks for the follow-up!
Photo of Katie Lewis

• 3414 Posts
  • 309 Reply Likes
Hi Ted! As of a few minutes ago, online versions are now officially responsive. :)
Photo of Ted Hogan

Ted Hogan, Champion

• 145 Posts
  • 83 Reply Likes
Your timing is nearly perfect! I need to send out my next monthly newsletter this week. I'll look for this when I test. Muchas gracias!
Photo of Katie Lewis

• 3414 Posts
  • 309 Reply Likes
De nada! And you can test it on your desktop by shrinking the size of your browser window so that your content rearranges like magic.