Mailing "stuck" at 70% according to Response data

• Problem
  • Updated 5 years ago
  • Not a Problem
Archived and Closed

This conversation is no longer open for comments or replies and is no longer visible to community members. The community moderator provided the following reason for archiving: Resolved

An email newsletter that I sent Wednesday, Jun 11, at 10:18 am has remained "stuck" at 70% in progress. When I called Emma support I was told that all email is going through but some technical issue is making the Response stats wrong. Another mailing I sent later in the day on June 11 to a smaller list says the mailing was completed with 99.6% received. How do I know if the e-newsletter mailing really went through or not? Should I re-send it? Can someone check this? The stats also seem skewed on this mailing. Is there a projection as to when this issue will be resolved? Thanks.
Photo of Glaucoma Research Foundation

Glaucoma Research Foundation

• 3 Posts
  • 0 Reply Likes

Posted 5 years ago

Photo of Ben Vance

Ben Vance, Alum

• 328 Posts
  • 14 Reply Likes
Hi!  It’s definitely odd that a mailing from June 11 would still be showing as “in progress,” so I’ve got out development team investigating that.  I’ll keep you updated here as soon as I learn more.  

For the other mailing that you mention here, 99.6% received is actually a pretty fantastic delivery rate.  Only one of the emails you sent bounced back from the server, and the reply code we received for that bounce indicated that that particular email address did not exist on that server (a common reason for mailings to bounce).  So out of the 294 emails you sent - 293 of them delivered successfully.  Emma always wants that number to be 100%, but sometimes we’re not able to deliver every single email.  

At this time, I don’t see any reason to recommend that you resend either of those mailings. I hope this information helps, and I’ll be back in touch when I know more about the mailing that’s still in progress in your account.  
Photo of Glaucoma Research Foundation

Glaucoma Research Foundation

• 3 Posts
  • 0 Reply Likes
Thanks, Ben. As of this morning it appears to be corrected now.
Photo of Ben Vance

Ben Vance, Alum

• 328 Posts
  • 14 Reply Likes
You’re welcome!  I had our development team give that response data a nudge this morning.  The mailing completed on schedule last week when you sent it, but for some reason the response data hung up during some of the slowness we had.  Everything should be back in shape now - let me know if you have any other questions!