Mobile displays wrong sender name

• Problem
  • Updated 1 year ago
  • Solved
A recent email displays the wrong sender name only on mobile devices. On desktop emails, the sender name appears correctly, as it was typed into Emma.
Photo of Lutheran Home Association - Org

Lutheran Home Association - Org

• 1 Post
  • 0 Reply Likes

Posted 2 years ago

Photo of Shelburne Museum

Shelburne Museum

• 3 Posts
  • 0 Reply Likes
Interesting . . . An email blast I just sent had the wrong sender name (the name on the account), not the name I entered into the Campaign.  My boss called my attention to it, and I'm thinking he was probably on a mobile device from home.
Photo of Laura Dickerson

Laura Dickerson, Official Rep

• 778 Posts
  • 64 Reply Likes
Hi There,

When you are looking at the Sender info on your mobile,  is the sender email attached to a different name in your contacts list?

Shelburne Museum

• 3 Posts
  • 0 Reply Likes
That's definitely it.  The Sender Email is my director's email, and the Sender Name is the name of the museum.  When I send a test to myself at my work address, his name comes up as sender.  But when I send it to my personal email, the museum's comes up as sender.  That is extremely confusing and not very user-friendly.  When I'm sending an email, and I tell Emma I want a certain Sender Name, that's the name I would expect to see as sender, no matter what email it goes to.  Now I have to tell my co-workers not to worry about the fact that the director's name is on their emails; on everyone else's, it will be the museum's?  Is there any way to make sure the Sender Name gets added to every email, regardless of recipient?
Photo of Grey Stepp

Grey Stepp, Support Team Manager

• 1700 Posts
  • 135 Reply Likes
Hey there!  That really comes down to the recipient's inbox.   If your inbox is overwriting what we're putting in there, then we don't have any way to control that function.  

The other option would be to create an email address from your domain that is specific to your email marketing, and make sure your internal address book has the correct sender name listed.  

Let me know if you have any additional questions on that!

Shelburne Museum

• 3 Posts
  • 0 Reply Likes
Thank you.  It seems every time I have an issue with email, it's because the recipient's server/inbox/mother is restricting one thing or another!  :-)