Cannot export detailed response for split test or trigger mailings.

• Problem
  • Updated 4 years ago
  • Solved
  • (Edited)
Archived and Closed

This conversation is no longer open for comments or replies and is no longer visible to community members. The community moderator provided the following reason for archiving: Resolved

Photo of Spark Freedom

Spark Freedom

• 15 Posts
  • 1 Reply Like

Posted 5 years ago

Photo of Emily Hollingsworth

Emily Hollingsworth, Alum

• 2203 Posts
  • 158 Reply Likes
Hi there -- Can you tell me the name of the mailing you're trying to export the response for? Also, is it a split test or trigger mailing by chance? Thanks!
(Edited)
Photo of Spark Freedom

Spark Freedom

• 15 Posts
  • 1 Reply Like
Hi, Emily -- It is a split test! It's this campaign (EOY Email Campaign 120314 2) 

• 2203 Posts
  • 158 Reply Likes
Thanks! We have a known bug in our system that affects detailed response exports for split test and trigger mailings. Until it's resolved, feel free to email us any time you need one of those responses exported. I'll go ahead and get this one going and will send it to you via email!

I'll reach out here when the bug is revolved!
Photo of CH Bus Sales, Inc.

CH Bus Sales, Inc.

• 14 Posts
  • 0 Reply Likes
Hi Emily,
I am having the same problem. Is the bug still affecting exports?
If so, please send me my detailed report for "Pre-Owned January 2015", this was a split test.

Thank you-
Michaela 

• 2203 Posts
  • 158 Reply Likes
Hi Michaela -- Yes, the bug is still in play. I'll upload that to your documents library as soon as I have it, thanks!
(Edited)

• 2203 Posts
  • 158 Reply Likes
You'll find that export in your documents library now!
Photo of Internews Network

Internews Network

• 59 Posts
  • 0 Reply Likes
I am also having the same problem. Is it possible for someone to email me the results of a split email that I sent last week? Thanks! 

• 2203 Posts
  • 158 Reply Likes
Sure thing! I've exported the response for your Jan. 15th split test mailing and uploaded it to your documents library.

Internews Network

• 59 Posts
  • 0 Reply Likes
Awesome, thanks!

I am looking at this now and i don't see how to separate which bounces were hard and which were soft. I also am not seeing who unsubscribed, only that 23 people did. 

Additionally it says it was sent to 0 people, 0% received it and 0% opted out. Based on everything else in the spreadsheet I don't think that is correct. And ideas? Sorry for all the questions! 

• 2203 Posts
  • 158 Reply Likes
It looks like the hard/soft classification for bounces isn't included in the detailed response export. You can, however, hop into that mailing response, view the list of bounces (or opt outs) and save that list as a segment! Then you can export that segment if needed. That should get you the information you're looking for!

I can see that discrepancy in number of emails sent and the percentages as well. I haven't seen any other reports of this, but I'll dig in and see what I can find. For now, you can reference those numbers in the original mailing response!

Internews Network

• 59 Posts
  • 0 Reply Likes
Great, thanks Emily! 

Internews Network

• 59 Posts
  • 0 Reply Likes

Hi Emily,

I was able to export those who unsubscribed but I cannot export who hard or soft bounced even when I save it as a segment. I can see in emma who was a hard or soft bounce but when I export that file that information is missing. Can you please help?

Thank you!

• 2203 Posts
  • 158 Reply Likes
You're right, the bounce type isn't included in the export, but you can see the status for each contact if you choose to export all 3 statuses (active, error, opt-out). If a contact in that list of bounces had a hard bounce, they would be in error status. Most soft bounced addresses will remain in active status, unless they have soft bounced on 4 consecutive mailings. That final bounce would still be called soft but will move that contact to error status. 

I hope this helps!

Internews Network

• 59 Posts
  • 0 Reply Likes
Hi Emily, thanks for that info. I am so sorry, we tend to send out emails about once a week if not more with split tests. Can you please send me the info for the mailing that was sent out last week called enews: Jeanne's blog post from Davos, January 22, 2015?

I hate to keep bothering you for this information. Any idea when this will be solved? 

• 2203 Posts
  • 158 Reply Likes
No bother at all -- I'm sorry that this bug is hindering your normal workflow! I know that our development team is devoting a lot of attention to exports right now, so hopefully the fix is on the horizon!

I've added that mailing response to your documents library to download.

Internews Network

• 59 Posts
  • 0 Reply Likes
Hi Emily,

Could you send me the results from the mailing that was sent last week "World Radio Day"?

I am so sorry to complain, but this is adding extra back and forth to getting people who have unsubscribed and have bad emails off of our list. If you could provide a more clear timeline as to when to expect that would be really appreciated. 

Thank you! 

• 2203 Posts
  • 158 Reply Likes
I've added that mailing response to your documents library! I'll do my best today to get a better ETA on this fix for you. :)

Internews Network

• 59 Posts
  • 0 Reply Likes
Thanks Emily, could you also give me the details from the mailing that was sent the 17th called "In Ukraine: Trapped in a Propaganda War". 

Thank you! 

• 2203 Posts
  • 158 Reply Likes
You bet!

Internews Network

• 59 Posts
  • 0 Reply Likes
Hi Emily, I am looking to pull out the hard bounces from the mailing called 5 reasons to celebrate world radio day as well as in Ukraine trapped in a propaganda war and they are only pull all of the bounces or a random mix of the two. I cant pull just the hard bounces to clear them out of our system. Can you please pull those for me? I am able to get the unsubscribes but hard bounces are not working. Let me know if you need any other information! 

Internews Network

• 59 Posts
  • 0 Reply Likes
I am having the same issue with You're invited: Google Hangout on Phandeeyar, a "Place of Creation" in Myanmar too. 

Internews Network

• 59 Posts
  • 0 Reply Likes
ah, sorry Emily, I got the ones from the google hangout. 

• 2203 Posts
  • 158 Reply Likes
Hi! You should be able to isolate those hard bounces by saving the bounces tab of your mailing response as a segment and then sorting that list by bounce type to group the hard bounces together. You can then select those contacts and delete them if needed. Those hard bounced addresses are automatically changed to error status, so they won't be included in the list next time you send to that group. Basically, we do the hard work for you there of sifting those bounced addresses out of your active lists!

Let me know if you still need those detailed responses exported, or if using the save as segment will do the trick!

Internews Network

• 59 Posts
  • 0 Reply Likes
Hi Emily,

I know that emma removes everyone so they wont be sent emails again but we need to track the growth of our lists by mailing and month. This includes removing people from our internal database who have unsubscribed or bounced. The workaround above works but it is really cumbersome. I also still need to email you guys every time for the split test results so that I can get the most clicked on links and the summary.  Do you have any update on a timeline here? From what I can tell this has been an issue for at least 3 months? 

Thank you!!

• 2203 Posts
  • 158 Reply Likes
Official Response
Hi everyone -- I have some very exciting news on the export front! Our dev gurus have completely reworked how Emma handles exports, and we’ve just released those updates to your Emma account.

I so appreciate all of your patience while we worked to get the new export process in place! We expect exports should be smooth sailing for you from here on out, but if you run into any further exporting issues, please let us know! 
(Edited)