Archived and Closed
This conversation is no longer open for comments or replies and is no longer visible to community members. The community moderator provided the following reason for archiving: EOL CLEANUP
I created a new template in HTML. I tested it and all works fine. I saved the template to My Templates, but have various issues.
1. The thumbnail for all of my new templates on My Templates page is blank...just displays as a white box. How do I get a thumbnail with a real image of my template on the my templates page? Do I need to upload an image somewhere?
2. EMMA FOOTER: ON the emma site, the emma footer displays fine, BUT when I send a test the footer is shoved all the way to the left of the window ( not indented into the page like the rest of the email content).
This happens in Mac Mail, gmail (browser version), and iphone. I see that this footer css is in line 57 of the HTML, but am not sure how to adjust it to make it sit centered under the content. How do I make it align with the rest of the content?
3. I keep getting errors about the unsubscribe link. I added [% unsub_url %] to unscribe text in the body, which made the CANSPAM error go away, but once I save the template and try to preview I get the"oops something went wrong error."
When I remove the [% unsub_url %] anchor link, the template works and previews fine, but then I get this error.
- CAN-SPAM compliance: (required) CAN-SPAM requires you have an unsubscribe link. You will be unable to send until this is fixed.
There is already an unsubscribe and manage subscription link in the emma footer. Is there a reason we need to put an unsubscribe link in the HTML body as well?
4. When I create a new MAILING with my new template, it displays on
create page, BUT when I click Preview the page is completely blank with only the emma footer only.
How do I get it to show me the template in preview mode? It previewed fine when I was building the template, but once I save the template and try to use it for a mailing I cannot see a preview.
I have repeated the tests numerous time on Mac version OSX 11 HIghSIerra, in firefox, safari and chrome. I have the same issues on all browsers.
Please let me know the answers to these questions. We would like to send out a new mailing asap and these issues are holding us back.