Track mailing history and response data by group

• Idea
  • Updated 2 years ago
  • Not Planned
  • (Edited)
Does anyone know of a program that will allow us to track the history of our mailings to companies? We spoke at length with Emma and they don't offer such a thing, and we are small and don't need a full-fledged CRM...
Photo of Tracy Moon

Tracy Moon

• 1 Post
  • 0 Reply Likes

Posted 5 years ago

Photo of Katie Lewis

Katie Lewis, Official Rep

• 3414 Posts
  • 309 Reply Likes
Hi Tracy! We'd love to get impressions from other members of the Community, but we're also doing some research here on our own to see if anyone around the house has a recommendation. Hope to be in touch soon!
Photo of Cody De Vos

Cody De Vos, Official Rep

• 106 Posts
  • 39 Reply Likes
Official Response
Hey Tracy! I'm Emma's Integrations Manager and wanted to give you a bit of feedback. It sounds like you're looking to do some smart response tracking to learn more about how members of different companies are responding to your mailings. This is the kind of advanced reporting that we'd love to make possible in your account and in integrations with other services. Unfortunately, we don't yet have an API call to get individual member response history. If we did, you could sort and analyze member response activity in all sorts of different places and ways.

What I'd suggest for now is creating separate audience groups for your separate companies, sending those groups separate mailings and analyzing the campaigns side by side. I'm interested to hear what routes other members of the Community have taken, and that API call will stay on our radar.
Photo of FHL Bank - Pittsburgh

FHL Bank - Pittsburgh

• 12 Posts
  • 3 Reply Likes
This reply was created from a merged topic originally titled
Checking on whether VIP groups are actually reading what we send out?.

When I am viewing the response for a campaign, I'd like to see the response rate for a particular audience therein. For example, if the monthly newsletter is sent to 1,200 people, I'd like to be able to track what the receive and open rates are for the 15 people on our Leadership Committee who are contained within that large newsletter mailing. Help?
Photo of Cody De Vos

• 106 Posts
  • 39 Reply Likes
Official Response
Tracking your mailing's response by individual audience group is a great idea, and something that we've discussed incorporating into a future version of response analytics. For the time being, though, I'm afraid this data isn't sortable by audience group. If you want to get a clear picture of how different audience groups are responding to your mailings, you'll want to send your mailing to each group individually in order to keep each group's response data segmented.
Photo of Judicial Council of California

Judicial Council of California

• 7 Posts
  • 1 Reply Like
Cody:

Thanks for your reply on this issue. But we would rather not send out multiple mailings to each group because the groups often have overlapping audience members. If we send one mailing to all the groups at once, we don't have to worry about audience members receiving the mailing more than once, even if they are in multiple groups.

Any other suggestions?

Thank you.

Photo of Cody De Vos

• 106 Posts
  • 39 Reply Likes
Hmm, I'm afraid I'm not thinking of any other solutions that would scale well to multiple groups. If you only had 2 groups with some overlap, it would be feasible to use our segment tool to build a few query-style segments (i.e. "In Group A but not in Group B," "In Group B but not in Group A," "In Groups A and B"), then send the same content to them. But the more groups you add to the mix, the more challenging that becomes.

I can definitely imagine our response view (as well as our audience view) growing to incorporate this kind of group-by-group tracking in the future, but I'm afraid it's not currently on our roadmap. If we do pursue this feature, we'll be sure to follow up here to let you know.

Best,
Cody
Photo of global online academy

global online academy

• 4 Posts
  • 0 Reply Likes
Advanced Analytics - Opens by Audience?.

Is there a way to compare emails by audiences? For example, if I am sending bi-weekly campaigns to school principals and to teachers. How can I compare if any given campaign was more popular among teachers vs. principals? I'd love to see more advanced analytics to view "opens by audience". I can run separate reports (several!) through advanced searches, but it would be wonderful to see a snapshot or side by side visual comparison under the "responses" tab. Thanks for considering!
Photo of Judicial Council of California

• 7 Posts
  • 1 Reply Like
Response rates for individual groups.

I send our e-mail campaigns to multiple groups at the same time. Can I check response rates for one group?
Photo of IDEA Public Schools

IDEA Public Schools

• 3 Posts
  • 0 Reply Likes
Filtering Response Data by Group.

I sent out one campaign to several groups. I'd like to see response data for each group, in addition to the total audience. How can I do this?
Photo of Big Sister Productions

Big Sister Productions

• 21 Posts
  • 3 Reply Likes
This reply was created from a merged topic originally titled How can I find the individual response rates for the separate audience lists?.

How can I find the individual response rates for the separate audience lists who received my email? For instance, an overall open rate might be 25%, but I want to find out the open rates for *each* list I used (List A might have an open rate of 10%, whereas List B might have an open rate of 50%.)
Photo of South Carolina Aquarium

South Carolina Aquarium

• 7 Posts
  • 0 Reply Likes
This reply was created from a merged topic originally titled Is there a way to see the history of interaction with a group?.

I am working on deleting old groups and segments in our Audience panel, and I would like to see which campaigns each group was included on and the last time the group was included in a sent campaign. Many of our groups were already uploaded into Emma before I began managing our e-mail marketing, and I am not sure the last time many of these groups were contacted. Is there a way to access this information?
Photo of Marion

Marion

• 13 Posts
  • 0 Reply Likes
This reply was created from a merged topic originally titled If you send an email to multiple lists, is there a way to sort the response by li....

response analytics
Photo of Mide Technology

Mide Technology

• 2 Posts
  • 0 Reply Likes
This reply was created from a merged topic originally titled Response by Group Report?.

Is it possible to breakdown a Response report by Group. We sent an email to several different groups, and want to see a breakdown by Group report - rather than an overall response report.
Thanks
Photo of Visit Philadelphia

Visit Philadelphia

• 16 Posts
  • 0 Reply Likes
We currently have subscribers coming into our groups from multiple sources and need to be able to sort the response data by these groups. Sending multiple emails to different lists is not an option because of subscriber overlap and the additional time this would add to the email process. Is this going to be incorporated into the audience section soon? 
Photo of 59E59 Theaters

59E59 Theaters

• 17 Posts
  • 1 Reply Like
I'd like to throw in that we would like to be able to see response rate by group/segment.

We send a weekly newsless to 2k members and 25k other subscribers and would like to see the response breakdown per group. Although we can duplicate the mailing and send separately we'd rather not have to go through the extra step.

Is there a way to export the info into excel to quickly get this info?
Photo of Emily Hollingsworth

Emily Hollingsworth, Alum

• 2203 Posts
  • 158 Reply Likes
Hi there -- We don't currently track response data by group in an exportable manner. We do hope to offer more group specific reporting in the future. For now, sending the mailing to your groups separately is the best way to track response by group. Thanks for adding your vote here. I'll be sure that our Product Team sees your use case as well. :)
This reply was created from a merged topic originally titled Statistics By Group.

I created a campaign and sent it to 5 groups in Emma.  The campaign completed and I received the statistics for the entire campaign.  Is it possible to drill down see the statistics for this same campaign but by the groups it was sent to?

Thanks!
Photo of Grey Stepp

Grey Stepp, Support Team Manager

• 1700 Posts
  • 135 Reply Likes
Hey there, 

I wanted to let you know I merged your question into this Idea post.  Check out the Official Response from Cody above. 

I'll add you to the list of folks that have asked for this and you'll get notified if we ever are able to make this possible.  

I'll post back on here with any updates. 

- G