There are no postal codes in my country. What do I do in my account settings?

• Question
  • Updated 6 years ago
  • Answered
  • (Edited)
Archived and Closed

This conversation is no longer open for comments or replies and is no longer visible to community members. The community moderator provided the following reason for archiving: Resolved

A postal code is required for CAN-SPAM compliance. However, my business is located in a country without postal codes (Qatar) and the email footer is defaulting to my billing address in Texas instead.

How can I get rid of the postal code field in the footer, or set some type of default so that it doesn't show a postal code?

Thanks!
Photo of Roxanne Davis

Roxanne Davis

• 35 Posts
  • 0 Reply Likes

Posted 6 years ago

Photo of Ben Vance

Ben Vance, Alum

• 328 Posts
  • 14 Reply Likes
Hi there! This is a great question. Here's how you can remove both the state field and the postal code from your address:

1) Click on the settings button at the top right of your account.

2) Choose Settings & billing

3) Click on the tab for Sender Info

4) In the RSVP address section, change you country temporarily back to the United States.

5) Change the state field so that it says "Choose a state"

6) Now you can set your country back to Qatar

7) In the Postal code field, simply enter a space using the space bar on your keyboard

8) Save your changes. Your address should now appear like this:

I hope this helps, and please let me know if I can lend a hand with anything else!
Photo of Roxanne Davis

Roxanne Davis

• 35 Posts
  • 0 Reply Likes
Thanks so much for the easy-to-follow instructions!

I do have one followup question. In the email campaigns the country is showing up as "QA" rather than "Qatar". Is there any way to change this?

Photo of Ben Vance

Ben Vance, Alum

• 328 Posts
  • 14 Reply Likes
Our system is set up to use the standard two-letter abbreviation for countries. I wish I was able to help here, but there's not a way to change that. Let me know if you have other questions!
Photo of Roxanne Davis

Roxanne Davis

• 35 Posts
  • 0 Reply Likes
OK thanks, Ben.

Maybe as a future upgrade :)
Photo of Ben Vance

Ben Vance, Alum

• 328 Posts
  • 14 Reply Likes
I think it's an idea worth sharing with the rest of our community! Would you mind creating a new idea post for this?
Photo of Roxanne Davis

Roxanne Davis

• 35 Posts
  • 0 Reply Likes
Absolutely!