Not fully in control of code?

• Question
  • Updated 5 years ago
  • Answered
Archived and Closed

This conversation is no longer open for comments or replies and is no longer visible to community members.

I am new to Emma specifically, but I hand code all my email blasts. This particular email has the content restrained to a 600px table, but has a bar of color spanning across the width of the screen that the header and footer is nested in. However, even though I chose the "code your own" option, the entirety of my code seems to be restricted to a predetermined 640px box in what seems to be a default sort of template. I really prefer to be in charge of my code and design, is there any way to get rid of that pre-made 640px wide box?

Below are pictures of how my code SHOULD look versus how it looks when it has been restrained. 

Photo of Lands of America

Lands of America

• 1 Post
  • 0 Reply Likes
  • restrained

Posted 5 years ago

Photo of Emily Hollingsworth

Emily Hollingsworth, Alum

• 2203 Posts
  • 158 Reply Likes
Hi there -- You're exactly right. When using our code your own HTML templates, you're only coding the content of your mailing, not the actual template structure. The HTML content block lives within the flexible/editable content layout area of the template that we've provided for you.

There isn't a template coding tool available to our professional accounts, but you can submit your fully coded designs to our design team to code and add to your account for you to use. 

Let me know if you have any questions!
(Edited)
Photo of Elaine Shannon

Elaine Shannon

• 13 Posts
  • 10 Reply Likes
I wish there were a way to be in full control of the HTML. It's frustrating to have to pay your design team to code things I know how to do myself.
Photo of Emily Hollingsworth

Emily Hollingsworth, Alum

• 2203 Posts
  • 158 Reply Likes
Hi Elaine -- As an agency partner, you have access to our Template Builder tool via the Assets option in your agency menu. It looks like you or someone in the account has created a few templates there already, but I want to make sure you're aware of that feature!

You can use the Template Builder to create templates from scratch and share them with your sub accounts. There, you have full access to the template code. Feel free to check out our help documentation and let me know if you have any questions!