not getting email confirmation for new subcribers

• Question
  • Updated 6 years ago
  • Answered
Archived and Closed

This conversation is no longer open for comments or replies and is no longer visible to community members. The community moderator provided the following reason for archiving: Non-Emma product

I have the Emma widget set-up on my website and when new subscribers register I am not getting a notice or confirmation. Is there a setting I need to check? If so, is that set in wordpress or in my Emma account?
Photo of Natural Skincare Clinic

Natural Skincare Clinic

• 3 Posts
  • 0 Reply Likes

Posted 6 years ago

Photo of Tyler Scott

Tyler Scott, Employee

• 805 Posts
  • 39 Reply Likes
Hey there! There is an issue right now where some customers have run into where those notifications are not sending reliably. Looking into your account though on the signup forms that are currently setup it doesn’t look like those notifications are turned on. You’ll want to head to your audience page and then click on the signup form name. On the next page click on edit and you’ll then notice a box which says notification settings.

Click on the drop down menu and and then select the desired time frame you would like to be notified. Hopefully this helps, but please let me know if you have any questions.
Photo of Natural Skincare Clinic

Natural Skincare Clinic

• 3 Posts
  • 0 Reply Likes
Hi Tyler,
Thank you, I went in and turned on the notifications. But still not working. I do have the wordpress plug-in that I am using for my sign-up form on my website versus just copying the code from the Emma website. Do you think this is the problem? If so, are there special instructions for getting notifications thru wordpress?

Photo of Tyler Scott

Tyler Scott, Employee

• 805 Posts
  • 39 Reply Likes
Good morning! I’m apologize for not getting back to you sooner and I honestly do not know the ins/outs of the Wordpress plugin as this was not designed by Emma. This was originally setup by a company called AhSo Designs. Please check out the link here which has additional information about the plug-in. This page also includes a contact link up in the upper right corner which I would suggest reaching out to them directly to see if they have details about those notifications thru Wordpress. 

If they advise the plug-in does not function in this manner, I’d suggest copying the signup form code from your Emma account and attempt to add this directly to your website. This would help ensure those notifications to send reliably. Hopefully this helps, but please let me know if I can assist further.

Thanks!