Cursor jumps to the wrong place when highlighting text and typing in Chrome

• Problem
  • Updated 3 years ago
  • Solved
  • (Edited)
Archived and Closed

This conversation is no longer open for comments or replies and is no longer visible to community members. The community moderator provided the following reason for archiving: bug resolved

When I double click a word and type over it, the new text doesn't replace the selected text; instead it shifts over one space to the left inserting the new content right next to the text omitting the space that existing previously.
Photo of Shannon Guggenheim

Shannon Guggenheim

• 9 Posts
  • 1 Reply Like

Posted 6 years ago

Photo of Katie Lewis

Katie Lewis, Official Rep

• 3414 Posts
  • 309 Reply Likes
Hi there! Are you using Chrome as your web browser when this happens? We had a new bug pop up yesterday in Chrome: The cursor jumps to the wrong place when highlighting text and typing, which sounds like what you're experiencing.

If you aren't using Chrome, will you please let me know the browser you are using, as well as in which campaign you're working?
Photo of Shannon Guggenheim

Shannon Guggenheim

• 9 Posts
  • 1 Reply Like
Yep, I'm using Chrome.
Photo of Katie Lewis

• 3414 Posts
  • 309 Reply Likes
Thanks, Shannon! I'll give you a shout here once our developers have corrected this bug. In the meantime, I suggest using another web browser like Firefox to get around this.
Photo of Big Sister Productions

Big Sister Productions

• 21 Posts
  • 3 Reply Likes
Yes, this is driving me crazy, too -- I'm using Firefox and Safari and I can't edit my own copy -- not just cut-and-paste, but even when I copy an old campaign and try to re-write it. It's not improved since the new improved interface was started. Any progress on this fix yet? Thanks, Sue
Photo of Katie Lewis

• 3414 Posts
  • 309 Reply Likes
Sue, I'm sorry for the trouble you're having! I'm moving your reply to a new conversation topic so we can track it, since this bug we're tracking here is for Chrome. Please reference the new topic here: Can't edit copy in Firefox and Safari
Photo of Ashley

Ashley

• 68 Posts
  • 30 Reply Likes
Is anyone else currently having issues with this? It happens to me multiple times a day. I do clear literally everything to make it work again, but it gets very frustrating having to do this 2-5+ times a day. Some days I have to use Firefox because Chrome simply won't work, but Chrome is our preferred browser for many reasons.

Do you guys know of any current bugs? It's been happening to me since we first signed up (only a couple months ago).
Photo of Emily Hollingsworth

Emily Hollingsworth, Alum

• 2203 Posts
  • 158 Reply Likes
Hi Ashley -- Yes, we're calling this a bug. I hate to hear that this is affecting your workflow so aggressively. So far, we only have a few logged accounts of users running into this bug. I'll check in with the team to see where we are on fixing this one. I'll be sure to update the status here to Solved when the bug is resolved. You'll receive a notification in your inbox when I do that. 
Photo of Emily Hollingsworth

Emily Hollingsworth, Alum

• 2203 Posts
  • 158 Reply Likes
Hey friends -- Our developers fixed this bug. Happy Tuesday!