Can you customize the opt-out message?

• Idea
  • Updated 8 months ago
  • Under Consideration
  • (Edited)
Archived and Closed

This conversation is no longer open for comments or replies and is no longer visible to community members. The community moderator provided the following reason for archiving: EOL CLEANUP

How can you customize the opt-out message? I would like to ask users the reason for the opt-out.
Photo of Enveloc

Enveloc

• 1 Post
  • 0 Reply Likes

Posted 5 years ago

Photo of Warden's Works

Warden's Works

• 1 Post
  • 2 Reply Likes
This is a very esential piece of our email marketing campaign.  If Emma can not offer this in the near future, I might need to look else where for our email service.  I have always prefered Emma over other options out there, but my company needs a customizable responce to someone opting out of our emails.
Photo of Emily Hollingsworth

Emily Hollingsworth, Alum

• 2203 Posts
  • 158 Reply Likes
Hi friends -- I circled back with the Product Team on this Idea recently. This request is in discussion among the team as to how and when they may be able to work it in. While I don't have a timeline for this feature, I've updated the status here to Under consideration so that we can continue to collect use cases and votes here to put toward our planning. Thanks!
Photo of Sarah Licata

Sarah Licata

• 2 Posts
  • 0 Reply Likes
Any update on this?
Photo of Amber Howell

Amber Howell

• 90 Posts
  • 2 Reply Likes
Yes - this is still a top 'want' from our company as well.
Photo of Grey Stepp

Grey Stepp, Support Team Manager

• 1700 Posts
  • 135 Reply Likes
Hey folks!  We don't have an update on this at the moment, but I'm adding you guys in to the feature request.  Cheers!
Photo of bcbille

bcbille

• 1 Post
  • 2 Reply Likes
The opt-out form does not have an attractive appearance. It lacks our logo image, so people are not sure who they are opting out from, and are afraid to click a link on a page that has no identity. We need a way to customize the page so it is friendlier and looks safe.
Photo of Grey Stepp

• 1700 Posts
  • 135 Reply Likes
Thanks for the feedback!  We're in the midst of figuring out exactly what the future is going to look like regarding this (and some related) requests.  

More to come soon! 
Photo of Project Schoolhouse Emma25

Project Schoolhouse Emma25

• 2 Posts
  • 0 Reply Likes
Any updates yet? I'd like to be able to basic things like center the footer text and Emma logo so that it aligns with my custom HTML email above...
Photo of Grey Stepp

• 1700 Posts
  • 135 Reply Likes
No updates yet, I'll be posting back here as soon as I get word! 

Now, if you're referring to customizing the bottom of an email template, that can be done through our design team, if you wanted to put in a request at http://myemma.com/design-revisions , they can get you a quote to customize what the footer looks like.  

This specific request is for the page that the contacts land on when they CLICK the opt-out link.  
Photo of Restaurant Equippers

Restaurant Equippers

• 27 Posts
  • 9 Reply Likes
We would also REALLY like a customizable opt-out page. Being able to add a survey, or make sure they know we have multiple email lists and remind them they don't have to opt out of everything (via a separate link on the page directing them to preferences) is very important.

It's frustrating having no way to communicate with our customers at the point they have decided they don't want on our email list. Especially if we have more than one type of email to offer.

Any updates?

Thank you.
Photo of America's Promise Alliance

America's Promise Alliance

• 2 Posts
  • 0 Reply Likes
Any updates on this?
Photo of montgomerycollege .

montgomerycollege .

• 1 Post
  • 1 Reply Like
Where do the developers stand on allowing users to customize the opt-out message? We would like to allow users to opt-out of certain messages but not all messages. If there are no changes, please provide a timeline of where this customized option is on their priority list. Thanks! 
Photo of Grey Stepp

• 1700 Posts
  • 135 Reply Likes
Hi there, I don't have a timeline for the customized opt-out option.   For having contacts opt-out of certain messages, we recommend pointing folks to the MANAGE PREFERENCES page and customizing that to allow them to choose what groups they belong to.  You can find info on that here:  https://support.e2ma.net/Resource_Center/Account_how-to/Choosing_and_updating_email_preferences

I'll be posting back here if I get any updates from the product team! 
Photo of Woodmere

Woodmere

• 3 Posts
  • 2 Reply Likes
I'd like to see both a reason for opt-out, but also an option for them to instead receive fewer/less frequent e-mails in order to get them to stay.
Photo of Grey Stepp

• 1700 Posts
  • 135 Reply Likes
Thanks for the feedback there!  I've passed that along to our developers!  
Photo of MAPP Inc.

MAPP Inc.

• 1 Post
  • 0 Reply Likes
Does this exist yet?
Photo of Grey Stepp

• 1700 Posts
  • 135 Reply Likes
We have not implemented this yet, no.  I'll post back here with any updates that I get. 
Photo of Cynthia

Cynthia

• 123 Posts
  • 29 Reply Likes
I have a suggestion for those that want to utilize the "manage preferences" that has been working for us. At the top of your email, just above the main image or header, place a small blurb along the lines of this: "Don't want to receive blog emails? Tell us what you prefer to hear about here" with the link sending them to the manage preferences page. That way, it is at the top so if they are thinking about opting out, they see this option right away. I still would prefer a customized optout option, but this may help.