Option to sign up to two audience lists in a lightbox form

• Idea
  • Updated 4 years ago
  • Under Consideration
  • (Edited)
I want to give the option to sign up to 2 different mailing groups within a lightbox form.  Is this possible with a lightbox as it was with the standard form?
Photo of District of Sparwood

District of Sparwood

• 2 Posts
  • 0 Reply Likes

Posted 4 years ago

Photo of Katie Lewis

Katie Lewis, Official Rep

• 3414 Posts
  • 309 Reply Likes
Hi! This first iteration of lightbox forms lets you automatically add subscribers to a group.

That doesn't include giving your subscribers the option of which audience group(s) to join. I'm letting our Product Team know that's an ability you want, and I'll keep you posted about our plans!
Photo of District of Sparwood

District of Sparwood

• 2 Posts
  • 0 Reply Likes
Yes that would be good as otherwise we are losing functionality.  As happened with the reporting function update (not good). 

The previous sign up form allowed you to offer options about what people would like to receive. You can see how we are using that here - http://www.sparwood.ca/
Photo of Katie Lewis

• 3414 Posts
  • 309 Reply Likes
Official Response
Hi again! In thinking through this, our Product Team is leaning toward changing how subscribers make this selection; maybe it's better suited for a confirmation email. We're wary of using up too much of the form's real estate and overwhelming new subscribers with fields to complete.

We do hear this desire from time to time, and while it's possible we could make this selection a part of the signup/onboarding process for new subscribers, we don't think it will be in the form itself.
Photo of MSU Office of Student Engagement

MSU Office of Student Engagement

• 3 Posts
  • 0 Reply Likes
Has this been implemented yet?  We are also seeking a way for users to sign up for the mutliple listservs in one sign-up form.
Photo of Katie Lewis

• 3414 Posts
  • 309 Reply Likes
Hi! There's been no change here, and I'll keep you updated with news as it happens. :)
Photo of Dispatch Magazines

Dispatch Magazines

• 11 Posts
  • 2 Reply Likes
Hello, I wanted to see if there's any update on this. We too have a need to for users to be able to opt-in to separate email lists on the same form, and we'd prefer to use the lightbox. Here's our use case: we're a magazine that wants to offer a "Top Reads" weekly enewsletter and a Dining newsletter. Need a form that would allow users to sign up for one or both.
Photo of Emily Hollingsworth

Emily Hollingsworth, Alum

• 2203 Posts
  • 158 Reply Likes
Our product team is now considering this work for the next iteration of lightbox forms. I've updated the status here to Under consideration, and will update you as I know more. Thanks!
Photo of Ashley

Ashley

• 68 Posts
  • 30 Reply Likes
Any further news on this? We have multiple different topics for newsletters that we send out, so people are opting out from all simply because they aren't interested in some of the topics we email about. It's been painful for our email lists, moving from MailChimp where this was beautifully implemented.
Photo of Emily Hollingsworth

Emily Hollingsworth, Alum

• 2203 Posts
  • 158 Reply Likes
Hi Ashley -- No update here since my last post. We're still collecting votes to prioritize this work. There isn't currently any lightbox work on the product roadmap (other than the recent change to enable lightbox forms to display on secure sites).