Optional test email tracking

• Idea
  • Updated 4 years ago
  • Under Consideration
When sending a test email, it would be great to have the option to choose whether it's tracked in the Response tab. A simple check box would suffice (Track this email? [check]).

Sometimes, the Response area gets clogged up with test emails and I rarely need to look at that info for a test.
Photo of Matt Olsen

Matt Olsen, Champion

• 117 Posts
  • 43 Reply Likes

Posted 5 years ago

Photo of Katie Lewis

Katie Lewis, Official Rep

• 3414 Posts
  • 309 Reply Likes
Hi Matt! I can see how it would be helpful to determine before a test mailing that you don't want it to appear in Response, but I can also see people asking what happened to their test mailing "missing" from Response.

This capability isn't currently on the roadmap, but I do want to make sure you've spotted how to delete campaigns from your Response page in one fell swoop: Check the boxes to the left of the campaigns you want to delete, then click the downward-pointing arrow at the top-right of the box, in the header row, choosing "Delete selected."

I hope that helps you better manage the Response page for now, Matt!
Photo of tom witkin

tom witkin

• 8 Posts
  • 1 Reply Like
Agree strongly with Matt. Katie, on some campaigns, we may go through 25 or more TEST messages. It's cumbersome to check the box next to all these. The
'fell swoop" approach doesn't do it for us.

We'd like the ability at the account level to globally turn off response tracking for all tests.
Photo of TriStar Health

TriStar Health

• 2 Posts
  • 1 Reply Like
This reply was created from a merged topic originally titled
Limit Tracked Responses Based on Mailing Type.

Is there a way to only track responses for actual "Mailing" mail types?? I send a lot of "Tests" and that can really junk up my Response dashboard...Any advice?
Photo of Katie Lewis

• 3414 Posts
  • 309 Reply Likes
Official Response
Hi again, all! This ability to filter out test mailings would be a big help. We've reignited the conversation about how to build this, so I'm changing this conversation's status from Not Planned to Under Consideration as we look at the next year's roadmap.
Photo of tom witkin

tom witkin

• 8 Posts
  • 1 Reply Like
This reply was created from a merged topic originally titled
Turn off Response for TEST messages.

Response statistics are not useful for our TEST messages. We'd like a global, account level option to turn off Responses for all TEST messages. Yes, we can bulk delete items. However, this is cumbersome -- TEST responses are mixed in with responses to delivered Campaigns --  and TEST responses muck up the user experience.
Photo of tom witkin

tom witkin

• 8 Posts
  • 1 Reply Like
The "Check Box" option above would do it, IF we can set the default to <Checked>
Photo of Brandi Leath

Brandi Leath

• 531 Posts
  • 67 Reply Likes
I also agree, I don't want the test mailings in my metrics, it clutters up my response page. This would be a great feature! 
Photo of Carilion Clinic

Carilion Clinic

• 5 Posts
  • 1 Reply Like
This reply was created from a merged topic originally titled Is there an easy way to delete all the test mailings from the Response list?.

My response list is cluttered with test mailings. The only way I see to delete them is one at a time. Is there a way to delete all the tests or at least hide them so I see just mailings?
Photo of Wild Mountain

Wild Mountain

• 11 Posts
  • 2 Reply Likes
I totally agree-- it is very frustrating to take the time to delete and sift through the test mailings.
Photo of Cummins Mellor

Cummins Mellor

• 71 Posts
  • 14 Reply Likes
Could a solution to this not be, that the response section is segmeneted in to; All, Mailings and Test. So people who want to view there tests, still can and anyone wanting to segment it also can?

We never check the response on our tests so this would be a great feature for us!
Glad to hear the idea suggested by Matt has gone under consideration. Similar to Tom, we send multiple test emails and going back to delete, even with the option to select multiple mailings, is not a great use of time.
Photo of Brady Keeling

Brady Keeling

• 3 Posts
  • 0 Reply Likes
This reply was created from a merged topic originally titled Ability to hide "Test" mailings from Response page.

It would be very beneficial to be able to hide Test email results from the Response page.  I'm not sure what benefits these offer, but they seem to clutter up the Completed Mailing section more than anything else.  Plus, I'm not sure why the response of test emails is even necessary for most users.

Is this something that is already possible (I know that you can sort by mailing type, but don't see any show/hide functionality)?  If not, is it something you would consider?

Thanks!
Photo of Handyman Soaps

Handyman Soaps

• 17 Posts
  • 2 Reply Likes
It looks like the last official response to this (much needed) idea was 10 months ago. Any progress on getting the test email responses separated from our actual mailings?

As others have said, they do clog up the response list - especially when so many are tests I send to myself! Maybe just a separate tab for those completed mailings that were either sent as tests or sent to recipients set up as test groups.

Look forward to an update!
Thanks,
Erin
Photo of Katie Lewis

• 3414 Posts
  • 309 Reply Likes
Hi Erin! It might help to give some insight on our feature request process. Each time an Emma user reports wanting or needing a certain capability, we log that request in Salesforce, associated with their account ID, so we have an understanding of what types of customers (direct clients, tiered agencies, universities, etc.) are asking for which features.

Our Product Team shapes our roadmap based on these requests, requests made by prospective clients, advancements made in the industry and where we want to take Emma next. The team meets once a week to talk about the new requests submitted in Emma Community and decide on a status (Not Planned, Under Consideration or Planned) for each.

As we grow closer to the next round of work we want to accomplish, I update the related Emma Community conversations with that work's progress. You'll definitely hear from me when there's news to share, and rest assured that your votes on feature requests are being heard!
Photo of Handyman Soaps

Handyman Soaps

• 17 Posts
  • 2 Reply Likes
Thanks for the insight Katie!