Our Assets template builder doesn't work anymore.

• Problem
  • Updated 4 years ago
  • Not a Problem
Archived and Closed

This conversation is no longer open for comments or replies and is no longer visible to community members. The community moderator provided the following reason for archiving: resolved

My normal process for creating a template is to copy my base code, select a new header, tweak the footer – then share our to appropriate accounts.

This isn't working, there seems to be a new editor for the asset template editor. It doesn't remember the center content, at all. It does't remember the share settings. The source then doesn't work and breaks. Here is a screen shot of how it show up in the users available templates. Note it is broken enough that it breaks the in campaign template switcher as well.

We have a special exception for removing the unsubscribe from our internal newsletter. We have expanded to include so external retired faculty to the list, and they are going to be managed in an opt-out manner, so I need to add the unsubscribe link to the bottom. I am only trying to copy our weekly news letter, make an "Emeriti Faculty" version and reassign to the new template with the opt-out link. I have no idea if this is related to the opt-out unsubscribe stuff. It seems impossible to duplicate any of my templates right now.

Are other people seeing this issue?
Photo of Drake University

Drake University

• 7 Posts
  • 3 Reply Likes

Posted 4 years ago

Drake University

• 7 Posts
  • 3 Reply Likes
The account in community is wrong. It shouldn't be Drake University and tied to Doug Ireland, I don't know who that is. It auto-logged me in. 

This account should be Jeremy Sievers, and have my pretty picture.

Please convert this post to my account and remove this Drake University one.
Photo of Emily Hollingsworth

Emily Hollingsworth, Alum

• 2203 Posts
  • 158 Reply Likes
Hi Jeremy -- Thanks for letting us know! I can't reassociate your post with a different user. Were you logged into Emma with your Jeremy Sievers username when you hopped over to the community? I can see that you are the administrator of the Drake University account, but it's possible that your browser remembered a past log in when you jumped over. If you'd like, you can delete this post, log out here and log back in with the correct username, then repost this conversation. I hate to ask you to take that extra step, though, and I can assure you I've got this case logged with the correct accont. 

In the meantime, we'll start digging in on the template builder issues you're running into!
Photo of Jeremy Sievers

Jeremy Sievers

• 13 Posts
  • 5 Reply Likes
I will just continue to follow this thread.

Drake University

• 7 Posts
  • 3 Reply Likes
This is the real me, Drake University is a Ghost. 

I am also the Main account contact for our "Organization" agency account in Emma.

Jeremy Sievers
Director Web Communication
Drake University 
jeremy.sievers@drake.edu
http://www.drake.edu/communications/contact/

Drake University

• 7 Posts
  • 3 Reply Likes
^^^^^^  Dang it!!!!?!?!???!?!

(this is getting super annoying.)
Photo of Jeremy Sievers

Jeremy Sievers

• 13 Posts
  • 5 Reply Likes
This is the real me, Drake University is a Ghost. 

I am also the Main account contact for our "Organization" agency account in Emma.

Jeremy Sievers
Director Web Communication
Drake University 
jeremy.sievers@drake.edu
http://www.drake.edu/communications/contact/
Photo of Jeremy Sievers

Jeremy Sievers

• 13 Posts
  • 5 Reply Likes
There must be some auto-login script for the help section for normal accounts.  >>> Please fix this too.
Photo of Emily Hollingsworth

Emily Hollingsworth, Alum

• 2203 Posts
  • 158 Reply Likes
Looks like you got logged in! I'm showing the Doug Ireland login as a manager username in your agency account. You'll need to delete that manager profile so that the community can't log you in as that user. You can do that from the managers section of your agency menu. Thanks!
Photo of Jeremy Sievers

Jeremy Sievers

• 13 Posts
  • 5 Reply Likes
Ok, I am on it.
Photo of Damian Gatta

Damian Gatta, Official Rep

• 342 Posts
  • 43 Reply Likes
Hi Jeremy, 

I hopped into your account to take a peek at the template and it is pulling up for me with no trouble.  Were you able to get this all worked out or are you still having trouble with the template?

Give me a shout here if you are still having any trouble and I happy to take a peek!
Photo of Jeremy Sievers

Jeremy Sievers

• 13 Posts
  • 5 Reply Likes
The template builder code is injecting code and duplicating section of my templates. I only assume the old code is not compatible with the new system. I just got accused by support of having nested code into nested code, your system did this not me. Very easy to replicate the destruction. 

Copy the code from an existing template into a new template. Click over to preview then back to code and walla, a bunch of messed up duplicated code. There also is a bunch of new code in the body of my all of my template. The body seems to work completely differently. It really is a mess.

Do I need to start from scratch, on ALL my templates.

-Jeremy
Photo of Damian Gatta

Damian Gatta, Official Rep

• 342 Posts
  • 43 Reply Likes
Hi Jeremy!

Thank you for providing these details.  I am going to do some testing and have some colleagues take a peek as well.  As soon as I have some information, I will be sure to reach out and let you know what I find.

Thank you for your patience!
Photo of Jeremy Sievers

Jeremy Sievers

• 13 Posts
  • 5 Reply Likes
I am rebuilding my templates from "scratch." There is enough new stuff in the template builder code that interacts with the drag and drop system, I just need do start over.