Our bounce rate has been increasing, mainly from one domain: austin.rr.com.

• Question
  • Updated 5 years ago
  • Answered
Archived and Closed

This conversation is no longer open for comments or replies and is no longer visible to community members. The community moderator provided the following reason for archiving: Resolved

Our bounce rate has been increasing, mainly from one domain: austin.rr.com.  I am not sure what the issue is and how I resolve? 

Thanks!
Photo of Katie Taleb

Katie Taleb

• 1 Post
  • 0 Reply Likes

Posted 5 years ago

Photo of Emily Hollingsworth

Emily Hollingsworth, Alum

• 2203 Posts
  • 158 Reply Likes
Hi Katie - thanks for reaching out!

I took a look at the bounce codes on your past few mailings and many of the bounce addresses did share that domain name. Those codes said things like “invalid mailbox” and “invalid recipient” for most of those roadrunner addresses, so there isn’t much you can do to increase your chances of delivering to an invalid address. Several of those addresses were just soft bounces, which means that Emma will attempt to send to them 3 more times before creating a hard bounce and moving the contact to error status in your list.

Since most of these addresses share the same domain, I am going to check in with our delivery team here to see if we need to look into anything there. I will follow up here if that’s that case!

I wouldn’t be too concerned. You still had an incredible delivery rate on that last mailing!!

Thanks,

Emily

Photo of Emily Hollingsworth

Emily Hollingsworth, Alum

• 2203 Posts
  • 158 Reply Likes
Hi Katie - just wanted to follow up here with some information I got from our delivery team.  It looks like this is an issue that comes up periodically. This domain is part of Time Warner Cable and they don't actually publish their connections rate limiting issue. We're exceeding the number of allowable connections, causing these bounces. We are in the clear in terms of any IP address issues right now, so you can reactivate and resend to these contacts for now.