Can't click on additional recipients to add them to send off

• Problem
  • Updated 3 years ago
  • Acknowledged
  • (Edited)
Archived and Closed

This conversation is no longer open for comments or replies and is no longer visible to community members. The community moderator provided the following reason for archiving: bug resolved

When I want to send a test email I can only ever choose one group or name to send it to. I can type in another name and a dropdown list appears but I cannot select anyone. Is this supposed to happen?

I have cleared history, cache and cookies and restarted the browser but this did not make a difference

Cheers
Kent
Photo of Petersham Rugby

Petersham Rugby

• 23 Posts
  • 0 Reply Likes

Posted 6 years ago

Photo of Ben Vance

Ben Vance, Alum

• 328 Posts
  • 14 Reply Likes
Hi, Kent!  Can you outline your steps for me or possibly send a screen shot of what you’re seeing?  Are you using the “Send Test” button?  Or clicking “Review & Send” and selecting a test group?  
Photo of Petersham Rugby

Petersham Rugby

• 23 Posts
  • 0 Reply Likes
Here I'm trying to add alex. I cannot add any of the names in the list. BTW the Alex who I want to add does not appear in the list. Is this list comprehensive or only the first 5 found?
Photo of Petersham Rugby

Petersham Rugby

• 23 Posts
  • 0 Reply Likes
I'm clicking on Send Test
Photo of Petersham Rugby

Petersham Rugby

• 23 Posts
  • 0 Reply Likes
Here's the 2nd attempt at the screen shot.
Photo of Ben Vance

Ben Vance, Alum

• 328 Posts
  • 14 Reply Likes
Thanks for passing along those screen shots!  I’ve done some digging and here’s what I’ve learned:

The problem that you’re having with selecting more than one recipient from the drop-down when sending a test mailing is a bug in our system.  After you type in one partial address or name and select a result from the auto-complete suggestions, you can’t select another one.  You can, however, type in a complete address to add more recipients to your test mailing.  

The auto-complete feature that you’re using here isn’t meant to serve as a comprehensive search function for your account.  So typing in a name like “Alex” will show you a handful of results, but not everyone in your account named Alex.  It’s trying to guess which Alex you might mean, and the more information you type there - the more specific the auto-complete results will be.  

I’m sorry for the trouble here, Kent.  We’ll keep you updated here when we have a fix in place for this particular bug.  If you have any other questions, please let me know!
Photo of Emily Hollingsworth

Emily Hollingsworth, Alum

• 2203 Posts
  • 158 Reply Likes
This bug was resolved late last year! Apologies for our delay in letting you know here. :)