Problem scheduling FB and Tweets

• Problem
  • Updated 4 years ago
  • In Progress
Archived and Closed

This conversation is no longer open for comments or replies and is no longer visible to community members. The community moderator provided the following reason for archiving: Conversation moved to phone

After I scheduled my newsletter I asked you to Tweet and put it on my Facebook Page the next day. As I remember this, I got confirmation for both. The tweet went out immediately, which meant it was seen before the newsletter went out the next day. The FB post never happened. I'd say you have a problem you need to fix.
Photo of Author Emilie Richards

Author Emilie Richards

• 65 Posts
  • 5 Reply Likes

Posted 4 years ago

Photo of Emily Hollingsworth

Emily Hollingsworth, Alum

• 2203 Posts
  • 158 Reply Likes
Hi Emilie -- I hate to hear that our social posting feature did not work as expected for you, and I'm eager to dig in here to find out what may have caused this behavior - especially if there is something that needs to be fixed! 

Just to get a sense for how this feature has worked for you in the past, have you posted to either of your profles before from the mailing success page (see below)? If so, have you had success up to this point with sharing immediately and/or scheduling your posts?

I'd like to get a few more details from you so that I can dig in here. I can see that your account is set to Eastern time, can you confirm for me what timezone your computer is set to? Hopefully we can rule that out as a factor here!

Thanks!

Author Emilie Richards

• 65 Posts
  • 5 Reply Likes
Yes, I've used it at least twice before with success. I was careful to schedule correctly. The FB post never showed up at all, and the Tweet showed up a day ahead of the newsletter. No biggie on either count but if you have a problem on your end you'll want to check it out.

• 2203 Posts
  • 158 Reply Likes
Hi Emilie -- Thanks so much. I'll do some more testing on my end to see what I can find out.

Author Emilie Richards

• 65 Posts
  • 5 Reply Likes
This reply was created from a merged topic originally titled facebook page.

My ability to post my newsletter to my fan page and not my personal Facebook page has disappeared. I can only post to my personal page now. Hoping you can restore this or give me a way to restore it. Also last time I did post to my FB page, I scheduled ahead of time and you posted it before the newsletter even went out. So there are some issues that need to be addressed.

Author Emilie Richards

• 65 Posts
  • 5 Reply Likes
For the record I just checked my scheduled Tweet and once again you put it up the moment I scheduled it, NOT when at the time it was scheduled to go out. So not only hasn't this been fixed, the issue seems to have been abandoned here. Your social media posting may work if your clients want the notice to go out immediately, but it is NOT working when we try to schedule. AND my ability to post to my fan page has disappeared entirely. 
Photo of Katie Lewis

Katie Lewis, Official Rep

• 3414 Posts
  • 309 Reply Likes
Emilie, I'm so sorry if you didn't receive my message when I merged your post into this thread: Emily and the rest of our team have still been troubleshooting to try to replicate this. There's a separate issue with Facebook today that you may be running into, but we certainly haven't abandoned the previous issue you reported. I hate that you've felt that way. Please know that we're working hard to figure out what's causing this and how to correct it.

• 2203 Posts
  • 158 Reply Likes
Hi Emilie -- Your inability to post to your fan page may be related to new permissions process that Facebook implemented recenlty. We posted about that here and are already working to get this resolved. I know it's inconvenient, though. 

I realize you've run into this scheduling issue before. So far, I haven't been able to replicate it, but I want to assure you that we're not ignoring the issue. I'll take another look today and see what I can find. 

Just so that I have all of the available information, can you tell me what browser and version you're using? Which mailing were you sharing this time and did you schedule that tweet when you scheduled the mailing? Thanks!

• 2203 Posts
  • 158 Reply Likes
Would you be up for hopping on the phone together Monday? I'd like to try scheduling a post to your Facebook account using the same mailing you've tried, and then while we're on the phone, if it posts immediately, you'll be there to cancel it. I'd like to get a better feel for the timing you're experiencing in real life, since my tests in my own account scheduling posts is working normally. I know it's frustrating, but I feel we can get to a solution, Emilie! It may be easier to have a phone conversation.

Author Emilie Richards

• 65 Posts
  • 5 Reply Likes
That will be fine, Emily. BTW, I use Chrome's latest version and update. My Tweet was supposed to go out at 4:00 today and went out at about 3:26 instead, immediately after I scheduled it.

• 2203 Posts
  • 158 Reply Likes
Great -- would 2pm CST work for you on Monday?

Author Emilie Richards

• 65 Posts
  • 5 Reply Likes
I'll be here.