Problem with autorresponder or segment count

• Question
  • Updated 3 years ago
  • Answered
Archived and Closed

This conversation is no longer open for comments or replies and is no longer visible to community members. The community moderator provided the following reason for archiving: resolved

I'm having a problem that involves a workflow not firing properly and an inaccurate count of signups in a segment, and I'm not sure which is the cause and which is the effect. 

I've got a workflow that is supposed to immediately send an email to anyone in my audience who signups up via a specific signup form. I had a client test the form an not receive the autoresponder; I also tested it and didn't receive the email. 

I then created a segment to find audience members who had completed that signup form since March 6 (the last date our autoresponder was received, according to response data). Neither my test nor my client's test are showing up in that segment. 

Both my client and I have completed this specific signup form before. Do we not show up in a segment for signups on a form after the first one? The autoresponder is supposed to trigger for all signups, not just the first one (at least, that's how it's always worked until now). 

Help?!?
Photo of Meaghan

Meaghan, Champion

• 83 Posts
  • 15 Reply Likes

Posted 3 years ago

Photo of Meaghan

Meaghan, Champion

• 83 Posts
  • 15 Reply Likes
Turns out, both my client and I got the autoresponder email after about 30 minutes. Perhaps there was just a delay with the autoresponder trigger? Still have my question about why we didn't show up in the segment though. 
Photo of Grey Stepp

Grey Stepp, Support Team Manager

• 1700 Posts
  • 135 Reply Likes
Hi Meaghan!  Could you let me know the account you're working in and I'll be happy to pop in and take a look!  

- Grey 
Photo of Meaghan

Meaghan, Champion

• 83 Posts
  • 15 Reply Likes
Thanks! The account is "Beyond Differences" and the signup form and workflows in question are the ones labeled "Teacher Portal". Thanks for the help!
Photo of Grey Stepp

Grey Stepp, Support Team Manager

• 1700 Posts
  • 135 Reply Likes
Hey there Meaghan, 

Thanks for that.  So, I ran some tests!  

1. I was able to sign up on the list and got the automated email right away.  It's possible we were having a slight delay earlier, or it may have just taken a little extra time to get through your mail server.  Either way, that seems to be firing as expected now.  

2. I created 2 segments, both beginning with "SUPPORT".  One of them I created with the criteria "signed up in the last 3 days" and the other I did "signed up 3/6-3/8".  What you'll find there is that the "last 3 days" segment has everyone listed, while the other doesn't actually include today's signups.  

The way to run that segment AND include today's signups is to actually set the segment up through TOMORROW.  So do 3/6-3/9.  Then you'll notice that it brings in the folks who signed up today.  This is only an issue if the day in question is the CURRENT day.  

Let me know if you have any questions!  

- Grey
Photo of Meaghan

Meaghan, Champion

• 83 Posts
  • 15 Reply Likes
Thank you! That's super helpful! And sorry to be super antsy about those autoresponders. The delay in combo with the incorrect query made me worry a little :) But we're all good now, thank you!