Re-send Email Campaign to Only New Contacts Since Last Send

• Question
  • Updated 4 years ago
  • Answered
Archived and Closed

This conversation is no longer open for comments or replies and is no longer visible to community members.

I know there are other platforms that do this, but want to know how it can be done in Emma.

Say we send an email campaign to a group on the first of the month. Then, a week later, we've added 10 new contacts to that group. How can I send that same campaign to just those new contacts?

It would be GREAT if you could go to the sent campaign and resend to ONLY those added since the last send automatically.

Thanks!
Photo of School of Rock Enterprise

School of Rock Enterprise

• 1 Post
  • 0 Reply Likes
  • unsure

Posted 5 years ago

Photo of Liz

Liz

• 2 Posts
  • 0 Reply Likes
You could do it by creating a segmented list based on "signup/manage prefs" field.  You can segment based on number of days or hard dates.  Then when you resend, just send to the segmented group.  Not sure if there's a way to automate the send though? 
Photo of Emily Hollingsworth

Emily Hollingsworth, Alum

• 2203 Posts
  • 158 Reply Likes
Hi there -- Liz is on the right track with using our segmenting tool. I think the best approach would be to set up a segment that searches for people in the group you sent the first email to that have been a contact since the date you added those additional members to the group. That would looks something like this:

You would have to edit the contact since date in the search criteria before each send, but the segment will update with the list of people that were recently added to that group. Let me know if you have any questions about that process!

You'll definitely want to check out our recent blog on the upcoming automation release to see how you can best automate these emails!
Photo of Sarah J. Stebbins PhD

Sarah J. Stebbins PhD

• 2 Posts
  • 0 Reply Likes
Sorry- this response is too confusing-couldn't you just put a button on the contact field that automatically sends the previous campaign to the new contact?

• 2203 Posts
  • 158 Reply Likes
Hi Sarah -- I hate to hear that you're finding the steps here confusing. I can tell you that we've received several requests for the ability to easily resend to specific supression lists, and we're already considering building this feature out in some way. You can click to follow along here for updates on that feature request!

• 2203 Posts
  • 158 Reply Likes
Hey guys! We're excited to announce the launch of a new beta feature, the ability to exclude a segment from receiving your mailing. We've posted details on that release here, and are excited to get it in front of you to see how it will meet your needs! We've turned it on for several of you already, so if you don't see this in your account just give us a shout here. We'll get it flipped on for you.