Recent Activity see who's signed up not working

• Problem
  • Updated 4 years ago
  • Not a Problem
When I'm in Audience and click on the Recent Activity to see who's signed up in the last 7 days, I get a list that includes people who signed up 18 months ago. I have had people who have signed up more recent than that. This feature seems to have a bug. 
Photo of Cynthia

Cynthia

• 123 Posts
  • 29 Reply Likes

Posted 4 years ago

Photo of Damian Gatta

Damian Gatta, Official Rep

• 342 Posts
  • 43 Reply Likes
Official Response
Hi Cynthia!

I jumped in your account and can see that there are 3 contacts that display when viewing who has signed up in the past 7 days.  Viewing your contacts I can see that you have more contacts that have signed up within the last 7 days.  Are you using the API to bring contacts into your list in Emma?  If the API is being used with a custom form on your website, this feature will not include those contacts that have recently signed up.  

You can run a segment in your account to search for people based on their contact since date so that you can keep track of your new contacts.  Head over to your Audience page to the segments tab and click the 'create a new segment' button.  You will want to find people based on Contact Information, search for people by field Contact since and then enter in your criteria.

Take a look at this support article for more information on creating segments.  Feel free to reach out here if you have any questions!
Photo of Cynthia

Cynthia

• 123 Posts
  • 29 Reply Likes
What is the API? I use the Emma link to the sign up form in Emma on my website, therefore, I should see the signups, correct?
Photo of Cynthia

Cynthia

• 123 Posts
  • 29 Reply Likes
Creating a segment won't work because I import contacts from our own database on a regular basis. That will report everyone that was added regardless of source.
Photo of Damian Gatta

• 342 Posts
  • 43 Reply Likes
Hi Cynthia, 

If you are using a custom form on your website, you can use the API so that those new members will be added to your list.  In your case, it sounds like you are using an Emma form to add contacts to your list.  Since you are using an Emma form, you can run a segment to search for people who have signed up based on that form during a specific time period.  That will give you a look at your recent contacts that have signed up.  You will want to search for people based on Signup/manage prefs history.

That should do the trick!  Feel free to reach out with any questions!
Photo of Life Issues Institute

Life Issues Institute

• 8 Posts
  • 3 Reply Likes
I am having similar problems with the Recent Activity feature when I input a date range in the Create a Segment function. We want to know signup results from a recent social media campaign. If I choose "at any point," any signups, and the Email Only group (where our signups are added), I do get a list of about 100. But if I put in a date range (any date range), I get one result. I know there are more than that because Emma syncs with our Kindful DB and I can see records that our welcome email has been sent to several people. Just today I received email notification that two people signed up Jan 30, but when I run the Recent Activity through today, only that same one result comes up.
Photo of Damian Gatta

• 342 Posts
  • 43 Reply Likes
Hi there!

Any contacts added to your audience group that uses the API, which the Kindful Integration uses, will not be added to a segment based on signups.  That criteria is looking specifically at Emma signup forms that were used by new contacts to join your list.

I think the better segment for you in this case would be a segment based on Contact Information by Contact Since Date.  You can select to search for contacts that have been a contact since 'after' a specific date and that will return all contacts that were added to your audience after that date, including any contacts added through the Kindful Integration.  See screenshot below for creating this type of segment:

Let me know if you have any questions or if there is anything else I can do to help!
Photo of Life Issues Institute

Life Issues Institute

• 8 Posts
  • 3 Reply Likes
I did run that report and it turned up two who had signed up on Dec 1. (A third was a test by someone in our office.) One of the two was not assigned to a group. I checked his history and saw that he had received only one email, though we have sent several since he signed up. He shows as active. Why was he not automatically added to our Email Only group (which I've designated to receive new signups)? (I did manually add him to that group already.)