Recreate a campaign from the classic editor

• Question
  • Updated 5 years ago
  • Answered
Archived and Closed

This conversation is no longer open for comments or replies and is no longer visible to community members. The community moderator provided the following reason for archiving: Outdated

OK then, how do I make a copy of an existing campaign (or even begin a new one using imported HTML) so that I can experiment with this in the new editor? I just want to know where to get started. Once I do that, I'll see if I need some training.

Thanks, and thanks for the info on "72-hour etc."

Note: This topic was created from a reply on the Make RSVP settings stick with campaign topic.
Photo of Paul Blank

Paul Blank

• 16 Posts
  • 0 Reply Likes

Posted 5 years ago

Photo of Kyle Floyd

Kyle Floyd, Official Rep

• 178 Posts
  • 26 Reply Likes
Official Response
Hi, great question! We are actually working on a quick training video to show the process that we have found works best. Once created, we will make sure to post an update here so that you and other customers can see the process in action. In the meantime I can walk you through the basics.

It may serve you well to watch this quick video before taking the next steps. It will show you how to recreate the layout you may have used in our Classic Editor.

The process for re-creating content that we have found works best is to open two browser windows on your computer. If your screen is wide enough you can position them side by side. Then login to your Emma account in both windows. In one of those windows (lets choose the one on the left) navigate to your Classic Editor mailing and view it on the preview screen. This is where you will be able to view and copy your old content. In your second browser window, login and go to "create a new mailing" in our Drag and Drop Editor. Now you will enlist the skills learned in the quick video above and, once you select your template, build your basic layout. The next step is to select your images again which may be in your image library or saved on your computer. Now, copy your text from the preview screen you have open on the left and paste it to the text blocks in the Drag and Drop Editor on the right. Simply toggling between the two screens.

For most users, this process works very well. I will note that if you use significant text formatting or used tables in your Classic Editor content, the text may need to be stripped of formatting and re-styled in the Drag and Drop Editor. That action can be performed using this icon:

I think this will get you well on your way to re-creating and sending with our Drag and Drop Editor.

If you have written your own HTML, you will want to use the Freestyle HTML template which is visible in the Template Gallery after you click Create a new Mailing.

That template will allow you to upload your own HTML for sending.

Please let us know if you have any additional questions.
Photo of Katie Lewis

Katie Lewis, Official Rep

• 3414 Posts
  • 309 Reply Likes
Official Response
Hey there! The training video Kyle mentions is ready for your viewing pleasure here.
Photo of Diane

Diane

• 44 Posts
  • 1 Reply Like
This reply was created from a merged topic originally titled
Grabbing content from read-only classic editor campaigns.

We are an agency account transitioning our subaccounts to the new drag and drop editor... Once the classic editor goes to read-only this fall, what options will be available to copy content over? Will users be able to copy text from these archived read-only campaigns and paste it in the new one?
Photo of pjay337

pjay337

• 6 Posts
  • 0 Reply Likes
You must get rid of that white space at the top of the content that appears in the emailed campaigns, or my client will not be happy at all.  I've been talking about this for some time now.  Please??
Photo of Katie Lewis

• 3414 Posts
  • 309 Reply Likes
Hi there! Are you trying to recreate a mailing in the drag & drop editor that was built in the classic editor, and you’re seeing white space in that new mailing? I’m not sure I’m following, but I’m glad to take a look! Or, it sounds like you may already be talking about this elsewhere with one of my colleagues — Is that the case?
Photo of pjay337

pjay337

• 6 Posts
  • 0 Reply Likes
I have mentioned this several times before to others at myemma.com.  In the drag & drop editor, there is white space at the top of the finished content that is not acceptable, and I'd like it removed before my client is comfortable with look of the the "new" results. 
Photo of Katie Lewis

• 3414 Posts
  • 309 Reply Likes
Thanks for clarifying! Do you know who you’ve been working with on this? I’d like to look up their notes and any screenshots they sent along to understand the background of what you’re experiencing.

Did they direct you to our Design Team to revise a template for you that has the padding you’d like?
Photo of pjay337

pjay337

• 6 Posts
  • 0 Reply Likes
I haven't been working with anyone in particular, but I have mentioned it to several people, and at one point was told "that's the way it is" and they are not changing it.  Just look at the couple of campaigns I've created in the d&d editor (HTML content) and you will see.  Compare the white space to the campaigns in the classic editor. 
Photo of Katie Lewis

• 3414 Posts
  • 309 Reply Likes
I’m glad to take a closer look. Will you please let me know the name of the account in which you’re working as well as the names of some mailings in the drag & drop editor that should be compared to which mailings in the classic editor? Having those concrete examples will make sure that I’m troubleshooting the correct mailings.

It sounds as though you’ve already chatted with some people here and that there aren’t plans to change this spacing. I can take those examples to our Design Team with the same question, if you weren’t working with someone on the Design Team, to see if they can revise a template to remove the white space you’d like to remove. Are you able to share some screenshots here pointing to the white space you’re referencing?
Photo of pjay337

pjay337

• 6 Posts
  • 0 Reply Likes
Swann Galleries is the account.  Just look at the test mailings there, and look at any of the campaigns in the classic editor.  You can't miss the difference in white space at the top of the content.
Photo of Katie Lewis

• 3414 Posts
  • 309 Reply Likes
I checked out your mailing called "Emma Copy" in the drag & drop editor. I’m pretty sure this is the space you’re referring to:

The template being used for that mailing is called "Blank without a header." I’ve created a new template for you called "Blank without a header, social or webview” and created a copy of your mailing (naming it Emma Copy 2) and saved it using this new template. Here’s a preview of the mailing with this new template:

Now there’s no white space at the top. To get to here, I edited the template’s code to remove the space allotted for the social sharing block, the space for the online version (or webview) and the 20 px of padding at the top of each template. You’ll still see a space when you’re in the editor, but the preview and what appears in your inbox should be accurate. Do you think this will work for you?
Photo of pjay337

pjay337

• 6 Posts
  • 0 Reply Likes
That looks good, and I'll check it out later; we still DO want the "having trouble viewing" message at the top of the content, with some white space above and below that message.  Thanks for your help so far!
Photo of Katie Lewis

• 3414 Posts
  • 309 Reply Likes
I’ve added the webview back and changed the template’s name to "Blank without a header or social," if you’d like to take a look.