Release Notes (5/10/16): Classic Signup Forms Facelift!

• Announcement
  • Updated 2 years ago
Classic sign-up forms have been given a fresh, modern look!  

The best part is, most of you don’t need to update or change anything to put these new forms into place!  

All existing Link, pop-up, and iframe forms have automatically been updated with the new look.

If you’re using the Javascript object forms, you’ll need to copy a new code snippet over to your website to see the updates. (We did this to prevent disrupting any custom CSS you may have applied.) The old forms will continue to work, so upgrade when you’re ready.

Here’s what it’s going to look like:

- Grey 
Photo of Grey Stepp

Grey Stepp, Support Team Manager

• 1700 Posts
  • 135 Reply Likes

Posted 3 years ago

Photo of Ashley

Ashley

• 68 Posts
  • 30 Reply Likes
YES! Almost broke my fingers typing in the address to check it out. Love the update. Thanks Grey, and Emma team!
Photo of Nicole Lee Powell

Nicole Lee Powell

• 4 Posts
  • 1 Reply Like
Is there a way to change the width of the classic form, or make it mobile responsive? I can change the width of the iframe or the width of the text above the form... but the input field boxes don't scale?
Photo of Grey Stepp

Grey Stepp, Support Team Manager

• 1700 Posts
  • 135 Reply Likes
hey there!  We actually don't have a way to make the classic forms mobile-responsive.  

These older forms were built on an old platform that can't really handle those sorts of changes.  

The newer Lightbox forms, however, are mobile-responsive, if that helps.  

Nicole Lee Powell

• 4 Posts
  • 1 Reply Like
No, actually that doesn't help because only our web developers have access to where the lightbox code needs to be placed. And that would mean a serious financial investment because we are a franchise with many locations/individual websites. We need a form that can either work within an iframe or can be php/html code. At minimum, we should be able to resize the width of the input fields to perform better on smaller screens - even if it's not responsive. I was able to pull enough from the form source code to make this adjustment myself, but then the form wasn't working. Can you make the actual code available? I had mentioned this concern about the input field width not scaling at our initial onboarding session and was assured "this shouldn't be a problem".
Photo of Karen Murphy

Karen Murphy

• 4 Posts
  • 1 Reply Like
Hey there Nicole and Grey - just seeing this thread from 7 months ago, and I'm having the same form field width issues with the classic forms. Was there any resolution?  My web developers keep telling me "JUST GET THE ACTUAL CODE" but the Emma team keeps pointing me to the API, which my web team is saying not helpful.  Help!?????  I don't understand why the classic forms seem to get no love in this platform, Lightbox forms don't work in every website scenario!!!!

Nicole Lee Powell

• 4 Posts
  • 1 Reply Like
Hi Karen! I went around and around with Emma because I couldn't understand why they couldn't provide a basic html code that could be copied and pasted into a website. This was a BASIC and AUTOMATED feature in our previous platform.  Also, why in 2016-2017, the classic forms weren't responsive?!  I don't know if anything has changed with the Emma release in the last 7 months, but the ONLY solution I found was to have the tech team at Emma create a custom form based off a contact form we had at our previous email marketing provider.  
Photo of Karen Murphy

Karen Murphy

• 4 Posts
  • 1 Reply Like
Nicole - thanks so much for your reply.  I was starting to feel crazy!!  I don't get what's so hard about giving me the basic HTML code....or why the classic forms are so far behind the times, either. I have a call scheduled with one of the Emma service team members this Friday, I'll keep you posted if there's a solution now other than getting them to create a custom form.