Response time indicated is about 5 hrs. before message was sent.

• Problem
  • Updated 5 years ago
  • Solved
Archived and Closed

This conversation is no longer open for comments or replies and is no longer visible to community members. The community moderator provided the following reason for archiving: Resolved

Hi. I sent out an email today, 4/4, at 1:46 pm CT & the Response log has the Opens starting at 8:47 am 4/4. How can I adjust it so it corrects? Thanks.
Photo of Atlantic Conferences Inc.

Atlantic Conferences Inc.

• 3 Posts
  • 0 Reply Likes

Posted 6 years ago

Photo of Kyle Floyd

Kyle Floyd, Official Rep

• 178 Posts
  • 26 Reply Likes
Hi, Interesting situation here. I reviewed your account and the mailing on April 4th.

It appears the mailing was sent at 1:46pm. I am not certain if that was the correct time or incorrect time stamp for when you actually pressed Send.

Either way, I did update the timezone setting in your account to the "America/New York" timezone so all should work correctly going forward. Please let me know if you have any additional questions.

--Kyle
Photo of Atlantic Conferences Inc.

Atlantic Conferences Inc.

• 3 Posts
  • 0 Reply Likes
Hi Kyle - I just sent out an email and once again the time indicated on MyEmma is 5 hours earlier than actual. I am in EST.  Thx,
Louise Vogel, Atlantic Conferences Inc.
Photo of Kyle Floyd

Kyle Floyd, Official Rep

• 178 Posts
  • 26 Reply Likes
Hi Louise, Thanks for letting me know that you experienced this problem a second time. I am passing those details along to our development team. We have received a few other reports of this same issue today. I don't yet have clear information of the root cause of the problem or when it will be fixed but will share that news here as I have it.
Photo of Valor Arts

Valor Arts

• 1 Post
  • 0 Reply Likes
I'm having the same issue.  It just started recently.  My response graph is inaccurate because it is assigning times for the openings hours before I actually sent the email. Can you resolve this problem for me in Denver?
Photo of Kyle Floyd

Kyle Floyd, Official Rep

• 178 Posts
  • 26 Reply Likes
Hi Valor Arts,

Thanks for commenting here. I did a bit more digging and based on the description that you provided can see that you are actually running into minor defect in our application. I have linked your account and this thread to that ticket with our developers. As soon as the error on our end is corrected, I will post an update here.

--Kyle
Photo of djhemps

djhemps

• 8 Posts
  • 0 Reply Likes
I'm also having the same issue. A mailing I sent out on Friday, 11 April @ 10.51pm local time in Kuala Lumpur is showing first responses/opens at 5.51pm. This is the first time I've seen this happen, so I checked out the community and discovered others are experiencing it as well. Funny, it feels less crazy knowing that there are others with the same issue. ;-)  Thanks in advance for adding me into this thread as you come up with a solution.
Photo of Swan Ball

Swan Ball

• 1 Post
  • 0 Reply Likes
I am having the same issue today.  I sent out an email this morning at 8:58am (CST) and all responses are exactly 5 hours earlier than that.  Would love to know when this is resolved, and if the times can be adjusted so my reports are accurate. Thanks!
Photo of Kyle Floyd

Kyle Floyd, Official Rep

• 178 Posts
  • 26 Reply Likes
Thanks for passing along your experience of this problem. This is an issue that we have seen only occasionally in the last five to six weeks. Counting the report on April 12th and the one today (April 21) we have only had seven customers let us know of the issue and so far we have had a tough time replicating it, although we can see the timestamps in your account. I do not yet know how quickly this will be resolved but I have added these additional reports to our list of impacted accounts.

We do take the number of accounts that have reported a problem into consideration when prioritizing work for our developers. If you see a similar problem on future mailings, please do let us know here so we can pass that on to our development team.

As additional information becomes available, I will let you know more here.
Photo of Ted Hogan

Ted Hogan, Champion

• 145 Posts
  • 83 Reply Likes
From what I had seen posted within the community, I believed the problem was known and recognized so I had not reported my specific details. But, It appears to be happening to me, too.

My most recent campaign was launched at Wednesday, Apr 9, 2014 7:53 am CDT. In checking the response log, my first open was reported at Apr 9, 2014 2:54 am -- 5 hours earlier than I launched the mailing.

I have not documented my other occurrences, but I believe the problem started several months ago as well. When I have a few extra minutes, I'll try to go back through my earlier emailings and determine exactly when it began.
(Edited)
Photo of Kyle Floyd

Kyle Floyd, Official Rep

• 178 Posts
  • 26 Reply Likes
Hi Ted, Thanks for letting me know. I just located your account and can see the mailing that you referenced above. No need for you to dig through your other mailings. I can take a quick look and will share those details with our development team. Thanks again, Kyle
Photo of Ted Hogan

Ted Hogan, Champion

• 145 Posts
  • 83 Reply Likes
I figured the problem might be trying to report CDT local time in one place and GMT in another, but I have noticed it has been going on for awhile in my account. Thanks, Kyle.
Photo of Ted Hogan

Ted Hogan, Champion

• 145 Posts
  • 83 Reply Likes
I hope I'm not guilty of piling on here, Kyle, but I just sent out another mailing at 10:09 am this morning, April 23, and my first open was recorded at 5:10 am. F.Y.I.
Photo of Katie Lewis

Katie Lewis, Official Rep

• 3414 Posts
  • 309 Reply Likes
Official Response
Good morning, all! This bug has been fixed. Thanks for your patience. :)