Salesforce Import Error - BatchParseReport: First error: Duplicate id in list:

• Problem
  • Updated 3 years ago
  • Not a Problem
Archived and Closed

This conversation is no longer open for comments or replies and is no longer visible to community members.

When setting up a new group in Emma for Salesforce, we get an the following error:

There was an error while importing group members.
BatchParseReport: First error: Duplicate id in list: a1cG0000008j0Ia (Update Report)

We have several other groups created successfully and cannot determine what this error means.  The ID listed is not a contact id. Help!
Photo of GBHEM

GBHEM

• 1 Post
  • 0 Reply Likes

Posted 3 years ago

Photo of Katie Watts

Katie Watts, Support Team Manager

• 423 Posts
  • 66 Reply Likes
Hi there, GBHEM.

Since you've already submitted a screenshot on this and we're addressing this directly in our email conversation, I'm going to go ahead and archive this Emma Community thread so we don't have related information in more than one place.

Please reply to my email conversation when you can, and we'll keep things rolling there!

Thanks,
Katie
Photo of Training The Street

Training The Street

• 2 Posts
  • 1 Reply Like
Hi Katie,
We are getting the exact same error message in our Salesforce instance when importing group members.
BatchParseReport: First error: Duplicate id in list: a0NG000000ZJfdg (Update Report)
Has this issue been resolved and can you share a solution with us?
Thanks!
Photo of Katie Watts

• 423 Posts
  • 66 Reply Likes
Hi there!

Because of the nearly limitless customizability within Salesforce, it's rare that errors between orgs are related. Happy to dig in on what's causing trouble for the integration within your Salesforce org though! I did just push an update to your Salesforce org -- moved you from 3.0 to 3.15 -- to get you up to the latest. 3.15 isn't yet available for download in the AppExchange, but it resolves some small buggy things we've identified since updating the AppExchange version, so I went ahead and got it live for you. And we'll be making it live in the AppExchange very soon!

I don't know that anything in the updated package will resolve the specific error you're running into, but to rule that out, can you please attempt to create a new Emma Group in Salesforce to test whether or not the problem persists? If it does, please provide answers to the questions that follow to get me pointed in the right direction.

Is the BatchParseReport error you're seeing one that appears on the screen when you attempt to create a new Emma Group in Salesforce? If so, at what point in the process does it appear? Is it before or after you've saved the new group? In your attempt when you run into the error, what's the name of the group you assigned? Finally, what's the name of the report you selected to populate the group?

Please share answers to these questions here, and also please grant login access to Emma Support to allow me to hop into your org and take a look. Once I see the notification come through that you've responded to me on this convo, I'll take that as my queue to jump into your org and get to work troubleshooting. If we determine something needs to be tweaked within the integration code to get you rolling, we'll get that sent off to our outside Salesforce developers for diagnosis and resolution options!

I'll be in-office all day today and then also in for a couple hours super early morning tomorrow. From there, the only other days I'm in-office this year are the 28th and 29th. Wanted to give a heads up on that right away so if I went silent for a few days, you'd know why. We should be back up to usual speed with the new year!

Thanks a bunch,
Katie
Photo of Katie Watts

• 423 Posts
  • 66 Reply Likes
Hi Training The Street!

Just wanted to check in on this. If you're still running into an error working with Emma Groups, please respond to my questions in my last response. I'll assume you're good to go from here if I don't hear back.

Cheers,
Katie
Photo of Training The Street

Training The Street

• 2 Posts
  • 1 Reply Like
Katie, sorry you got lost in the holiday/vacation shuffle here.   I think we are all set, my sidekick was working on this, but giving it quick review it appears all is well. Thanks for following up, and Happy New Year. 
Al
Photo of Katie Watts

• 423 Posts
  • 66 Reply Likes
Thanks for the update, Al.

Happy New Year to you too!!
We're still having an issue--is there a known fix?
Photo of Katie Watts

• 423 Posts
  • 66 Reply Likes
Hi there, Los Angeles Chamber Orchestra Society!

Thanks for reporting you're having an issue with the Emma for Salesforce integration. I'm happy to help! What kind of trouble are you having? Please respond here with details so I can research the issue.

Also, please grant login access to Emma Support from within your Salesforce org. That granted login access restricts my export permissions for security purposes, but it allows me to hop into your org to work to pinpoint the problem. (If you need guidance on granting that login access, please find it here.)

As soon as you've granted that login access and posted some details on the trouble you're seeing here, I'll get started on my troubleshooting. Big thanks!
Photo of Katie Watts

• 423 Posts
  • 66 Reply Likes
Good morning, Los Angeles Chamber Orchestra Society.

Just wanted to do a quick check-in on this. If you're still having trouble with the Emma for Salesforce integration, can you please reply to the question in my last response and also let me know when that granted login access is in place? That'll be my trigger to dig in on the issue.

I'll assume you're good to go at this point, if I don't hear back from you here!

Cheers,
Katie