Salesforce integration

• Problem
  • Updated 4 years ago
  • Acknowledged
Archived and Closed

This conversation is no longer open for comments or replies and is no longer visible to community members. The community moderator provided the following reason for archiving: resolved by email

We moved to Emma a year ago because it promised SalesForce integration but we don't seem to be getting it to sync up, can you help?
Photo of eShare

eShare

• 4 Posts
  • 0 Reply Likes

Posted 4 years ago

Photo of Benton Cummings

Benton Cummings, Senior Manager, Customer Support

• 491 Posts
  • 52 Reply Likes
Hi eShare,

I'd like to gather a bit more information from you so we can try to pinpoint where in the process things may be going wrong.

1. Did you successfully complete the installation instructions here (or here for professional edition), or did you run into any errors or issues during the setup process? or...
  2. Did the setup process complete, and everything appears to be setup correctly, and you're just not seeing a particular Emma group syncing?
Any details you can provide as to what you're seeing on your side would be super helpful for us in determining what's happening. We may also need to jump into your SF account to take a look, so I'd recommend following the instructions toward the bottom of this page to grant us login access in case we need to take a peek.
Hello, I'm having similar issues.  I have two lists recently added, both with around 15k.  one shows 0 inside myemma and one shows like 643 (?).    
(Edited)
Photo of Benton Cummings

• 491 Posts
  • 52 Reply Likes
Hey there- sorry to hear of the issues you're seeing there. When were those lists added, and can you tell if the sync is still showing in progress? Ultimately, we can hop into your SF account to see if we can spot the issue. Please follow the instructions here to grant us login access to your Salesforce account, and we'll be able to jump in and take a look. 
Photo of Benton Cummings

• 491 Posts
  • 52 Reply Likes
Oh- and please let us know what the names of those groups are that you aren't seeing syncing up properly as well. Thanks!
Photo of eShare

eShare

• 4 Posts
  • 0 Reply Likes

None of the groups are working.

Photo of Emma Holland

Emma Holland, Alum

• 28 Posts
  • 0 Reply Likes
Hi there! 

I am closing the loop here with Iowa Economic Development Authority, and working directly with them in this new community thread:
 https://community.myemma.com/emma/topics/salesforce-sync-and-group-mysteriously-vanished

Thanks! 
Photo of eShare

eShare

• 4 Posts
  • 0 Reply Likes
I have granted you access to our SalesForce, I don't know about the set up as it was done by one of my team and they have now left.
Photo of Benton Cummings

• 491 Posts
  • 52 Reply Likes
Sounds good- we'll jump in and take a peek to see if we can uncover what might be happening.
Photo of Benton Cummings

• 491 Posts
  • 52 Reply Likes
Hi again eShare,

We were able to replicate the syncing issue in your Salesforce account. The issue is related to how the integration communicates through our open API. The good news is that we're very close to wrapping up the regression testing on an upgraded version of the integration (we’re calling it the Connected App version) that will completely rework how the integration uses the API. As soon as we wrap up the regression testing work, we'll begin pushing that to other customer accounts. 

We're not totally sure that the reworked version of the integration will fix the specific issue happening between your Salesforce and Emma accounts, but because of the major changes implemented in this version, we need to have this in place first. It’s very possible that this will correct the problem you’re seeing, but if not, we can immediately address the issue you’re having. 

My colleague Katie has a great Emma Community thread where she'll be posting regular updates on the progress towards making the Connected App version of Emma for Salesforce live. You can click to "follow" the post, and you'll be notified via email anytime there's an update. To ensure you're kept in the loop, please head over to this thread and click "follow" at the top.

We’re sorry for the trouble this has caused, but because this is such a large change, attempting to correct this problem in the current version you’re using might not be much of a help since you’ll immediately be upgrading to this newer package. We need to see if it’s working correctly in the new package and fix it there to ensure that you don’t continue to see problems. 

We sincerely ppreciate all of your patience while we've dug in here, and I'll be in touch as soon as we have that new version ready to push to your Salesforce account. If I can provide any further Emma for Salesforce assistance in the mean time, please let me know. Always happy to help!
Photo of Clean Energy Collective

Clean Energy Collective

• 25 Posts
  • 3 Reply Likes
I have a similar issue, but cannot wait an unknown period of time and then have to reintegrate.  I was told this new version was for professional SF versions; we are Enterprise.  At any rate, I do need a fix now in order to proceed with emails.  We switched for the SF integration and now it doesn't work.  Please correct the issue in my version so that I can resume business.
Photo of Clean Energy Collective

Clean Energy Collective

• 25 Posts
  • 3 Reply Likes
Update: I've been dealing with this all day as it is core to our business.  Can you please look into why it creates one "group" in SF by "Emma Site Guest User" - this appears to be the only one that integrates and another that shows created by me - this one doesn't do anything.

I dug deep enough to find the duplicate group - doesn't show up unless you click "go" on show all  emma groups (should do that anyway).  Then I re added the SF report to the dupe group.  Why does one show created by me and one by Emma Site Guest User?

I REALLY need some firm answers and guidance otherwise I don't feel I can trust your system to work properly.

Also, the number of members is WAY off when it does make it's way into Emma by almost 6K...
Photo of Emily Hollingsworth

Emily Hollingsworth, Alum

• 2203 Posts
  • 158 Reply Likes
Hi again -- Just closing the loop here. My colleague Josh just sent a detailed email on this issue your way. Please refer there for an update!