SalesForce Report to add new members to Emma mailings

• Question
  • Updated 3 years ago
  • Answered
Archived and Closed

This conversation is no longer open for comments or replies and is no longer visible to community members.

How do I pull a report in SalesForce and add those Leads/Contacts to MyEmma seamlessly? I don't want to have to do this individually.
Photo of Christie Medical Holdings, Inc.

Christie Medical Holdings, Inc.

• 10 Posts
  • 2 Reply Likes

Posted 6 years ago

Photo of Tyler Scott

Tyler Scott, Employee

• 805 Posts
  • 39 Reply Likes
Hey there! Looking at your account, it seems you have set up the Emma for Salesforce integration so the great thing with this integration is this synchronizes the activity between your Emma and Salesforce accounts.

From this point on, the email address for these records will automatically be synced across platforms - any change in either Emma or Salesforce will result in the same change in the other application. The same will be true of any additional member fields that you've chosen to sync during the setup process. If there are audience members in your Emma groups whose email addresses do not match an existing Salesforce record, we'll create a new lead record for that Emma audience member with the information from their Emma member record.

Hopefully this information helps, but please let me know if you have any questions.
Photo of Cody De Vos

Cody De Vos, Official Rep

• 106 Posts
  • 39 Reply Likes
This is Cody with Emma's integrations team. I saw your question and thought I'd chime in as well. It sounds like you're asking specifically about sending a Salesforce report to an Emma audience group within the integration. This is easy - you'll just want to run your report and make sure that you include "Lead ID" or "Contact ID" in your report's fields. Once you've run your report, you can head to the "Emma Groups" section of "Emma for Salesforce" and either create a new group or edit an existing group. Either way, you'll see an option to "Also add members from Salesforce report." This whole process is covered in our introductory video starting at about the 3:30 mark. Check it out at the link below, and let us know if you have any questions!

Emma for Salesforce Overview: http://myemma.com/resources/how-to/em...
Photo of Megan Fries

Megan Fries

• 5 Posts
  • 1 Reply Like
This is an old post but I am having trouble with the step of adding members from the Salesforce report. I have found the "Lead ID" and added only the fields in My Emma to the report but when I save it won't get past "Reading report...".  I eventually have to close the window to move on.  I have left it running for hrs....
Photo of Benton Cummings

Benton Cummings, Senior Manager, Customer Support

• 491 Posts
  • 52 Reply Likes
Hi Megan,

It sounds like we'll need to jump into your Salesforce account to determine what's going on there. Please let me know what type of Salesforce account you have (Professional, Enterprise, etc...), and follow the instructions at the bottom of this page to grant us login access. Let me know that info and the specific report you're attempting to add members from, and we'll jump in and see what we can determine.

Thanks!
Photo of Megan Fries

Megan Fries

• 5 Posts
  • 1 Reply Like

Access granted for one week.  Thanks!

Photo of Benton Cummings

• 491 Posts
  • 52 Reply Likes
Hi Megan,

Sorry about the delayed reply here. Please try to create the report with just the Lead ID field and see what happens (since thats the only field required to create an Emma group based off a report). If its still happening at that point then its pointing toward a greater SalesForce issue. If that's the case, we'd recommend connecting with SalesForce support, as our granted login access restricts us from altering reports for security reasons, so there is little we can do on our end to troubleshoot something of this nature.

Please let me know how it goes with creating the report using only the Lead ID field. Thanks!
Photo of Megan Fries

Megan Fries

• 5 Posts
  • 1 Reply Like
I did this and also created another test with just Lead Id from scratch and I still can't get past "Reading Report".   What suggests it points toward a greater SalesForce issue?  I will connect with them but I doubt that they will be willing to advise since it is an installed app. 
Photo of Benton Cummings

• 491 Posts
  • 52 Reply Likes
Hi Megan,

We're basing that conclusion on the fact that no Emma fields are involved in the report, and the issue as you've described it is pointing towards the problem occurring at report creation rather than group creation. I definitely hope you're able to get some traction with Salesforce support- don't hesitate to let me know if you still have questions around this though - I'm always happy to help!
Photo of Josh Collins

Josh Collins

• 30 Posts
  • 1 Reply Like
@Cody De Vos, earlier in this thread you say you can edit an existing group. Please correct me if I'm wrong, but I've attempted to do that, but what I'm seeing is that only new groups with unique Group ID's get created when attempting to sync a report to emma group. 

I'd love to be able to update pre-existing audience segments via Salesforce reports!