Saslesforce Emma - Sync Entries

• Question
  • Updated 5 years ago
  • Answered
Archived and Closed

This conversation is no longer open for comments or replies and is no longer visible to community members. The community moderator provided the following reason for archiving: Resolved

I have the Emma Salesforce integration going and I noticed that each time there is a sync a "Sync Entry" record is created. This is causing a huge problem with data storage. Right now, there are over 200,000 records created. 

Are these Sync Entries necessary to keep in the database? If we delete these entries, let's say, each month, will this impact the integration at all? 
Photo of Girls Leadership Institute

Girls Leadership Institute

• 36 Posts
  • 3 Reply Likes

Posted 5 years ago

Photo of Katie Watts

Katie Watts, Support Team Manager

• 423 Posts
  • 66 Reply Likes
Hi there, Girls Leadership Institute!

There are a few things we may be able to do to lower the used data space in your Salesforce account. Can you please grant me login access so I can jump in to take a look? The steps for granting that login access are towards the bottom of the page here.

Once you've granted that login access, please give me a shout on this thread so I can take a look within your account. I'll circle back as soon as I've got some further information on what we may be able to do to lower the disk space being used by the integration.

Happy Monday!
Katie

• 36 Posts
  • 3 Reply Likes
Hi Katie, 

Access granted.

Thanks.
Photo of Katie Watts

• 423 Posts
  • 66 Reply Likes
Good morning!

Thanks for granting that login access. I'm digging in and will let you know as soon as I have further information.

• 36 Posts
  • 3 Reply Likes
HI Katie, 

Any updates on this?

Thanks.
Photo of Katie Watts

• 423 Posts
  • 66 Reply Likes
Happy Monday!

No updates yet. Our Salesforce developers are on the case though, and I'll update you on this thread as soon as I hear back from them. Thanks for all your patience while we take a look!
Photo of Katie Watts

• 423 Posts
  • 66 Reply Likes
Hi there!

I've heard back from our Salesforce developers on this, and there is some historical sync data within your Salesforce account that can be cleared out to lower your used data storage. The granted login access has now expired though. Can you please again grant that to Emma Support so I can have them do that purge?

Once I hear from you here that the login access has again been granted, I'll get our Salesforce developers right back on the case. Thanks for your patience while we've dug in on this!

Happy Friday,
Katie

• 36 Posts
  • 3 Reply Likes
Hi Katie, 

Login access has been granted. However, I just want to be clear. As time goes on, we will want do this on our own to make sure data storage is under control. Are you specifically deleting certain sync data? What are best practices here?

Thanks.
Photo of Katie Watts

• 423 Posts
  • 66 Reply Likes
Happy Monday, Girls Leadership Institute!

We have a custom property that we can apply to individual Salesforce accounts that lowers the time period in which historical completed sync entries roll off the storage. By default, that happens on a continuous basis, with those historical completed sync entries falling off after 14 days. I updated the property in your account to one day, and it takes a full 24 hours to take effect, so I'll update you here once I see that the custom timing has kicked in.

The property doesn't always make a big difference, since the only things we'd want to clear out are the completed sync entries that are no longer relative to the integration. The data storage limit within Salesforce is one of the major limitations of using the platform, and having an integrated mass email program is definitely going to make a big increase the amount of storage space used. I searched online and found this article that gives a pretty simple explanation on Salesforce storage limits.

You'll hear from me here once that custom property has started doing it's thing. Hope you had a fantastic weekend!
Photo of Katie Watts

• 423 Posts
  • 66 Reply Likes
Good morning, Girls Leadership Institute.

Wanted to get a quick update your way on this. I applied that custom property to your account, but it didn't make a bit of difference on your used storage levels. I've got a ticket off to our Salesforce developers to take a look to make sure there's not anything else that can be cleared from your Salesforce account to reduce your used data storage.

That granted login access is set to expire today. Can you please again extend that just in case they're not able to get their work wrapped up that quickly? Thanks for all of your patience on this, and I'll be back in touch as soon as I have further information from our Salesforce developers.

Have a great weekend!
Katie

• 36 Posts
  • 3 Reply Likes
Done.

Thanks!
Photo of Katie Watts

• 423 Posts
  • 66 Reply Likes

Hi there, Girls Leadership Institute!

I've heard back from our Salesforce developers that they've got the custom property rolling now, and you're back down to 69% of your Salesforce used data space. The completed sync entries should continue to roll off from here.

Thanks a ton for your patience while we dug in on this! If you have any further Emma for Salesforce questions, please let me know. Always happy to help!

Cheers,
Katie