Schedule mailing based on customer time zone.

• Idea
  • Updated 3 weeks ago
  • Under Consideration
I send emails to recipients from the East Coast to Hawaii. The problem here is that if I schedule one for 9am ET, California receives it at 6am and Hawaii receives it at 3am. I've had people complain that that is too early. So, if I schedule an email for California to receive it at 10am, I risk sending it at lunch time in the East or later. However, our best opens are in the morning. It would be great if the emails are sent based on recipient's time zones. I know this is difficult to do, but if there were a customer field for time zone, would it be possible to time the send based on that value?

Note: This conversation was created from a reply on: Is it possible to schedule an e-mail to go out based on the time zone of the reci....
Photo of Cynthia

Cynthia

• 123 Posts
  • 29 Reply Likes

Posted 3 years ago

Photo of Emily Hollingsworth

Emily Hollingsworth, Alum

• 2203 Posts
  • 158 Reply Likes
Hi Cynthia -- I'm checking in with the product team to see if this is feasible or something we can build in the future!
Photo of Emily Hollingsworth

Emily Hollingsworth, Alum

• 2203 Posts
  • 158 Reply Likes
Hi again -- Our Product Team definitely sees the value in this feature, but they have some other questions that need to be answered before this work could be implemented. I'm setting the status here to Under consideration so that we can continue to collect votes and use cases while we work. :)
Photo of The Marketing Center

The Marketing Center

• 1 Post
  • 0 Reply Likes
I echo that this is an important feature that we need.  To be honest, we like Emma but this is important enough that we would consider switching over it.
Photo of Hugh O'Brian Youth Leadership

Hugh O'Brian Youth Leadership

• 2 Posts
  • 0 Reply Likes
Did this feature ever get added? We have the same problem. 
Photo of Phillip M

Phillip M, Official Rep

• 247 Posts
  • 20 Reply Likes
Hello!

At this point, this feature does not exist, but I think it's still a great idea. I will definitely let the Product Team know that this functionality has been a long time in the making and that our customers still have this need. Thanks for the reminder!