Scheduled email sent only to address listed to receive a heads up notification, but not to intended groups

• Problem
  • Updated 4 years ago
  • Acknowledged
  • (Edited)
Archived and Closed

This conversation is no longer open for comments or replies and is no longer visible to community members. The community moderator provided the following reason for archiving: bug resolved

Yesterday I scheduled a newsletter to go out this morning at 6:30 to 2 groups, our employees and our clients. 2 lists I have used for our August newsletter that worked just fine. When I checked my email this morning, sure enough I had the newsletter email, as well as the notification email saying that it started sending. At 10:30, my boss asked me why the email didn't go out. I check emma's responses and it said it was sent but "unrecordable", waited about 20 minutes and checked again. It said 100% delivery to 1 recipient. Check the email of the recipient and it was my email address. I'm assuming this didn't go out as my boss didn't receive but I want to know why and how to fix so I can get this out ASAP.
Photo of 3000 Insurance Group

3000 Insurance Group

• 3 Posts
  • 0 Reply Likes
  • frustrated and worried

Posted 4 years ago

Photo of Aperio Group

Aperio Group

• 1 Post
  • 0 Reply Likes
I'm having the same issue. I had 6 emails scheduled this morning to 6 different groups and each email is showing 100% delivery to one recipient (myself).
Photo of Volunteers of America Massachusetts

Volunteers of America Massachusetts

• 6 Posts
  • 0 Reply Likes
I'm having the same problem - had an email scheduled for 1:00pm and only one recipient received (me), even though I sent it to over 1,000. Hoping someone can help! 
Photo of Paul Zimmerman-Clayton

Paul Zimmerman-Clayton, Official Rep

• 400 Posts
  • 34 Reply Likes
Hey everyone, thanks for reporting this. This was a known issue where scheduled mailings and split tests only delivered to the email addresses that were added to be notified when the mailing started to send. We just released a fix, so you're safe to resend those mailings to your groups. You won't have to worry about double sending, and everything will work properly if you decide to schedule and add a heads up email to be notified when the mailing starts. 

Please let me know if you run into anything else!
(Edited)
Photo of Auralex Acoustics, Inc.

Auralex Acoustics, Inc.

• 4 Posts
  • 1 Reply Like
I has scheduled a mailing for 10:00 AM today and I'm the only person that got it! Is this still an issue? Please advise as I do not want to double send this
Photo of Emily Hollingsworth

Emily Hollingsworth, Alum

• 2203 Posts
  • 158 Reply Likes
Hi Auralex, this issue is fixed for any mailings moving forward from this afternoon. It's possible that any mailing scheduled between Monday night and today could still be affected. If you have any remaining scheduled emails that fit in that timeframe, I suggest cancelling and rescheduling those. 

I double checked your mailing that was scheduled for 10am today. It did indeed only deliver to your notification address, so it's safe to resend that email to the intended groups.
Photo of Auralex Acoustics, Inc.

Auralex Acoustics, Inc.

• 4 Posts
  • 1 Reply Like
Thanks Emily! We'll give it another shot!
Photo of Development

Development

• 2 Posts
  • 0 Reply Likes
Hi there,

I had the same issues with 11 emails this morning.  Can you tell me if they were only sent to those who were to be notified?  I don't want to double send!

• 2203 Posts
  • 158 Reply Likes
Hi there -- You can trust the numbers in your mailing response. I see a list of about 10 emails sent today from your account that were only sent to 1 or 2 recipients. If those were intended for larger lists, you can resend them! 
Photo of Development

Development

• 2 Posts
  • 0 Reply Likes
Thanks so much, Emily!

• 2203 Posts
  • 158 Reply Likes
Hi friends -- As mentioned above, we released a fix for this issue yesterday afternoon. We noticed a few things crop up after that fix that were out of the oridinary, so we've rolled that back while we keep digging in on the original issue. In the mean time, we've temporarily removed the “notify these email addresses when it starts” field from the schedule mailing modal until we can diagnose and fix the issue above. This won't affect your ability to schedule mailings in any way. Thanks for your patience!
Photo of Classroom Complete Press

Classroom Complete Press

• 8 Posts
  • 0 Reply Likes
Hello,

We had the same issue happen to us which is quite frustrating - the email was intended for a specific list of people but was only sent to individuals whom were only suppose to be notified when email was deployed.

How do we resolve this and how can we resend it? Do we make a copy of the email?

Thank you!
(Edited)

• 2203 Posts
  • 158 Reply Likes
Hi there -- I hate to hear that you ran into this bug as well, and I agree, it's quite frustrating. Your mailing did send to the addresses indicated for a notification, so your mailing should now live on the Sent tab of your Campaigns page. You can simply click to edit the original mailing or open a new copy and go through the steps to resend or reschedule this mailing to the intended list of recipients.

This but shouldn't affect any mailings scheduled after Wednesday, so you should be good to go from there!

Let me know if you run into any roadblocks.
Photo of Classroom Complete Press

Classroom Complete Press

• 8 Posts
  • 0 Reply Likes
Thank you Emily for the quick reply!
Photo of Volunteers of America Massachusetts

Volunteers of America Massachusetts

• 6 Posts
  • 0 Reply Likes
I scheduled something yesterday to be sent out today at 1pm... I received it with the heads up notification, but it's still saying zero sent, zero responded. I'm sorry to ask again but should I resend? 
Photo of Paul Zimmerman-Clayton

Paul Zimmerman-Clayton, Official Rep

• 400 Posts
  • 34 Reply Likes
Hey there! I see a completed mailing sent to 65 recipients, called "EE Newsletter 9-17-15." This mailing looks good, so there's no need to resend. 

If that's not the right mailing, or you're seeing something else, please let me know!