Script has stopped working

• Problem
  • Updated 5 years ago
  • In Progress
Archived and Closed

This conversation is no longer open for comments or replies and is no longer visible to community members. The community moderator provided the following reason for archiving: Didn’t hear back from community member

A client of mine has been getting the "Script has stopped working" error message, freezing up Emma and forcing her to close out, losing recent changes. She said it happens most frequently when working with pictures. Is this a common problem? Is there something she should be looking out for when working with pictures?

Photo of Diane

Diane

• 44 Posts
  • 1 Reply Like

Posted 6 years ago

Photo of Cassie Berman

Cassie Berman, Alum

• 153 Posts
  • 8 Reply Likes
Eeh gads! That sounds terrible. Epecially the losing recent changes part! "Script has stopped working" isn't really an Emma-specific error per se, but rather is an error generated by web browsers. So the first thing I recommend is to ask your client to clear her cache and cookies, close out of the browser session and log back in. That usually scares off most internet gremlins, and should resolve the problem. If not, just check back and we'll go from there.
Photo of Diane

Diane

• 44 Posts
  • 1 Reply Like
Thanks, Cassie. She cleared her cache and cookies and reported back that it's still happening. She's able to insert images but only after it freezes and force quits the application. Then it works fine for a bit until it happens again. Any ideas?
Photo of Cassie Berman

Cassie Berman, Alum

• 153 Posts
  • 8 Reply Likes
Okay, so cache and cookies have been crossed off the list. That can fix a multitude of things, but since it didn't work, we need to consider which browser your client uses. Can you please check this page in our help docs to make sure the browser your client uses is one we support? If her browser is listed as supported, it would be most helpful to know which browser is being used, as well as the name of the affected account. I'll be on the lookout for your reply, Diane!
Photo of Diane

Diane

• 44 Posts
  • 1 Reply Like
She's using Firefox 27.0.1. The account is Carenet. Thanks!

Photo of Cassie Berman

Cassie Berman, Alum

• 153 Posts
  • 8 Reply Likes
I spotted something that may be playing into that unresponsive script error for Carenet: the file size of the most recently uploaded image (3.14MB). From what you've shared, it sounds like this problem occured more than once, and is not specific to any single image. But you might ask your client if she notices the script error when uploading all sorts of images, or only larger files, since the total size of all images stored in the image library can affect how long it takes to upload. In addition, she may want to check out this help link to Mozilla's support site that explains more about unresponsive scripts, and the correlation between the "Warning: Unresponsive script" prompt and browser add-ons. I hope this helps!