Segment export is missing column headings

• Problem
  • Updated 4 years ago
  • Solved
Archived and Closed

This conversation is no longer open for comments or replies and is no longer visible to community members. The community moderator provided the following reason for archiving: bug resolved

When I export a segment, I get the same data columns as an audience export, with all my user-defined fields.  But, there are only 5 column headings, in A through E - email, member since, status, bounce count, plaintext preferred.  There are no column headings for the user-defined fields
Photo of Bill K

Bill K

• 6 Posts
  • 0 Reply Likes

Posted 5 years ago

Photo of Tyler Scott

Tyler Scott, Employee

• 805 Posts
  • 39 Reply Likes
Hey Bill! Sorry for the troubles there and this is actually a known issue which our team is working to fix. I've gone ahead and noted your account as being effected by this and will be sure to keep you posted once this is working as it should. In the mean time you could copy those folks in that segment to a group and then export since this is only effecting segments. To do this you'll want to click on the segment name which will take you to a page displaying all of the individual members of that segment. From here you'll notice a drop down option on the left which says take selected contacts. Click on this and select all contacts. You'll then click the copy button off to the right which will allow you copy those folks to a group.

Hopefully this helps, but please let me know if you have any questions.

Thanks!
Just had the same issue.
Photo of Tyler Scott

Tyler Scott, Employee

• 805 Posts
  • 39 Reply Likes
Good morning! I'll be sure to keep you posted here once this has been resolved.

Thanks!
Photo of CFU

CFU

• 1 Post
  • 0 Reply Likes
This is evidently STILL not resolved - because I exported a segment and got no headers. Is it going to happen?
Photo of Benton Cummings

Benton Cummings, Senior Manager, Customer Support

• 491 Posts
  • 52 Reply Likes
Hi CFU,

You're correct, there hasn't been much progress on this issue. Definitely sorry for the inconvenience here! The workaround until our developers resolve this would be to copy that segment to a group and export the group. That group export should have the headers in tact.

You can find out how to copy to a group here. I hope that helps!!
Photo of Benton Cummings

Benton Cummings, Senior Manager, Customer Support

• 491 Posts
  • 52 Reply Likes
Hello all,

I'm following up here to let you all know that our developers have fixed the bug that was causing the segments to export without the headers! Thanks so much to all of you for your patience while this has been affecting your exports- I'm happy to announce that you shouldn't be seeing this issue any longer!