Send now button vs. send later

• Idea
  • Updated 1 year ago
  • Under Consideration
  • (Edited)
When I went to schedule my last two campaigns, I ended up clicking the send now button instead of the schedule later text and couldn't cancel the send. I wish you would make the "schedule later" a button as prominent as the "Send Now" which I keep hitting thinking I can schedule it afterwards. It's messing with my head!

Photo of Cynthia

Cynthia

• 123 Posts
  • 29 Reply Likes
  • annoyed

Posted 5 years ago

Photo of Katie Lewis

Katie Lewis, Official Rep

• 3414 Posts
  • 309 Reply Likes
Sorry to hear your mailing sent sooner than you’d intended! The hope with the buttons being so different is that they’re most distinct from one another so that that mistake is less likely to be made.

But I see what you mean about clicking Send now — There’s no turning back! What if there were a prompt after you clicked this, something like "Are you sure you want to send now?”, which would give you an out? I’m checking in with our Editor Team to get some feedback.
Photo of Cynthia

Cynthia

• 123 Posts
  • 29 Reply Likes
That would be a huge help. Especially for those of us who are scattered and hit the wrong button!
Photo of Katie Lewis

• 3414 Posts
  • 309 Reply Likes
Hi again! We’re researching the best way to present these buttons, so I’m marking this as under consideration.
Photo of Mindsource

Mindsource

• 1 Post
  • 0 Reply Likes
I agree with wanting to have a check like "Are you sure you want to send now?" I notice details and I made the mistake twice.
Photo of Mandate Media

Mandate Media

• 33 Posts
  • 11 Reply Likes
There's another service (can't remember which one it is right now) where the "send now" button starts a 2 minute countdown, during which you can quickly hit cancel.
Photo of Grey Stepp

Grey Stepp, Support Team Manager

• 1700 Posts
  • 135 Reply Likes
Thanks for that insight!   That's a great idea!  I'll pass it along!  :) 
Photo of Parkinson's Resource Organization

Parkinson's Resource Organization

• 10 Posts
  • 0 Reply Likes
Why does this take over 3 years to implement. It seems like an incredibly straightforward to this that an amateur web developer could accomplish. Please do this as soon as possible, because I've done this by accident twice now (within a two week period) and I'm an experienced IT Guru and Webmaster. If I'm having issues with this, I completely understand other people doing it.

It seems like this feature would be common sense to most people...
Photo of BCGdirect

BCGdirect

• 2 Posts
  • 0 Reply Likes
Also disappointed here that this has not been addressed? simply switch the buttons so the Schedule later is the prominent choice?
Photo of Grey Stepp

• 1700 Posts
  • 135 Reply Likes
Hey guys... I hear your frustrations here.  Not being a programmer on my own, I don't know exactly how involved of a process that change would be.  

If you check under the title of this topic, you'll see we have this marked as "Under Consideration"... If we do set the pieces in motion to get this implemented, we'll change that to "Planned".  

Right now, as the functionality in the app is there already and our users are used to the way this has always worked, the developers don't have any immediate plans to make the cosmetic change.  There are a lot of larger functional changes that we're working on currently and most likely this update would come the next time we make significant changes to the Review and Send screen.  

That being said, the more folks we have requesting this, the more of a priority it will become. 

I will make sure to bring it up to them again as I am also adding you to the list of requesters for this.  

Cheers! 
Photo of 59E59 Theaters

59E59 Theaters

• 17 Posts
  • 1 Reply Like
Hi - I was just about to create a post with the same problem. I notice this has been well over a year.

I have to say it's infuriating to accidentally click the send now button, with not confirmation or way to stop the mailing. I imagine most people are scheduling their emails.

It can't be too difficult to make this change??
Photo of Katie Lewis

• 3414 Posts
  • 309 Reply Likes
I'm sorry to hear you're upset! I can imagine how stressful it must be to inadvertently send an email immediately when you didn't mean to.

I wouldn't say this is technically difficult, but it's man/womanpower difficult -- Our Product Team is divided into smaller teams focused on different pieces of Emma: For example, the editor, integrations, templates, etc. The editor team has a couple huge projects they're working on now that are exciting yet taking up their time without people to spare. There hasn't been recent movement on this particular feature request, but we absolutely haven't forgotten about it and are still considering implementing it.
Photo of Ryan O.

Ryan O.

• 2 Posts
  • 1 Reply Like
I second this request. I just inadvertently sent a campaign rather than scheduling it. Then when I called to have you cancel it for me, I was told that your reporting is currently 20 minutes behind, so there is no way to know if it was sent yet or not or how many people have received the mailing already. This seems like pretty basic user experience control, and it would make a lot of our lives much less stressful if we had a confirmation message pop-up asking us if we are sure we want to send a campaign. Coming from MailChimp, this is definitely something I was used to having!
Photo of Katie Lewis

• 3414 Posts
  • 309 Reply Likes
I'm so sorry to hear it, Ryan! I'm adding you to the list of accounts who'd benefit from that send confirmation prompt. I definitely understand how reassuring that extra step would be.
Photo of Ryan O.

Ryan O.

• 2 Posts
  • 1 Reply Like
Thanks Katie!
Photo of Dragos Moldoveanu

Dragos Moldoveanu

• 4 Posts
  • 1 Reply Like
HI Katie, I'd really appreciate it if you could also add me to the list of the accounts who'd benefit from that send confirmation prompt. I also have had problems sending out mailings.
Photo of Katie Lewis

• 3414 Posts
  • 309 Reply Likes
I'm sorry to hear you've had problems! I've added you to the list, too, and I hope we come up with a good solution for you.
Photo of Finergy

Finergy

• 2 Posts
  • 0 Reply Likes
This problem just happened to me tonight. Glad to know I'm not the only one, but also not happy to hear that this is a problem that has not been addressed in over two years. Can something be done about this? Or is there an update?  
The timing of the newsletter can be crucial to the open rate, and it's helpful to have a failsafe when human error occurs.
Photo of Emily Hollingsworth

Emily Hollingsworth, Alum

• 2203 Posts
  • 158 Reply Likes
Hi Finergy -- I agree, it's always nice to have an option to back up a step. I'll add a vote for this Idea on behalf of your account.
Photo of BCGdirect

BCGdirect

• 2 Posts
  • 0 Reply Likes
Add me to the list please. I have always been afraid of this and was finally burned today.
It should not be hard to add an extra "are you sure?" prompt. Or have a built in delay of 10 minutes. I assume it is the same with others that you realize the mistake within seconds of hitting the button...The send now button is so prominent it draws you to it. better if they were reversed.
thanks
Photo of Grey Stepp

• 1700 Posts
  • 135 Reply Likes
I'll go ahead and add you to the list, BCGdirect!  Thanks for you input!  
Photo of Woods Fund of Chicago

Woods Fund of Chicago

• 16 Posts
  • 0 Reply Likes
I'm interested in this too...is this going beyond our names being added to a list? This has been a request for 2 years...are you actually working on it?  Is there an implementation date?  That would be a helpful update.
Thanks.
Photo of Grey Stepp

• 1700 Posts
  • 135 Reply Likes
hey there... if you check under the title of this topic, you'll see we have this marked as "Under Consideration"... If we do set the pieces in motion to get this implemented, we'll change that to "Planned".  

Right now, as the functionality in the app is there already, the developers don't have any immediate plans to make the cosmetic change, as there are a lot of larger functional changes that we're working on currently. Most likely that would come the next time we make significant changes to the Review and Send screen.  

However, the more we have "names being added to a list", the more of a priority it will become, if that makes sense. 

That being said, I will make sure to bring it up to them again as I am also adding you to the list.  

Cheers!  
Photo of Cynthia

Cynthia

• 123 Posts
  • 29 Reply Likes
The functionality is there, however, all we are asking for is a change in font, color, or button size to make the difference between the two choices more obvious. Like bright green for Send Now and bright orange for Send Later.
Photo of Grey Stepp

• 1700 Posts
  • 135 Reply Likes
Official Response
Hey folks!   I checked in with my product team and they let me know that they are going to be addressing this in a redesign of the Review and Send page later this year, likely in Q2 or Q3, and this is going to be addressed in that!  

I'll post back here as we get more information!  
Photo of Noah Shunfenthal

Noah Shunfenthal

• 21 Posts
  • 5 Reply Likes