Several logins with different access

• Idea
  • Updated 2 years ago
  • Implemented
Hi, if our organization is all using Emma is there a way to have several logins? To block some people from seeing all email drafts? Or limit the contacts made available to them?
Photo of Global Brigades

Global Brigades

• 5 Posts
  • 0 Reply Likes

Posted 4 years ago

Photo of Laura Dickerson

Laura Dickerson, Official Rep

• 778 Posts
  • 64 Reply Likes
Hello! At this point in time, with the Pro accounts, there is no way to block access, have multiple logins or limit what is seen in an account. I know that our Dev team is aware that this a fairly common request and that they are looking into making some of these features a reality.  In the meantime, we do have other types of accounts that can limit managers to specific sub accounts. If you are interested in learning about those, let me know and I will contact you to talk about them.

Thanks!
Photo of Global Brigades

Global Brigades

• 5 Posts
  • 0 Reply Likes
Yes that would be great if I could learn about those subaccounts!
Photo of Emily Hollingsworth

Emily Hollingsworth, Alum

• 2203 Posts
  • 158 Reply Likes
Hi there -- Upgrading from a professional account to an agency account would give you some added flexibility in terms of number of users and the permissions they have. 

We have an agency contact billing plan with pricing tiers that mirror the plan you're on now. The main difference, is that in an agency account, you can add sub accounts under your agency umbrella account. This allows you to separate your lists and give managers (your agency account users) access to specific or all sub accounts. The important distinction from a pricing standpoint is that if you have more than one sub account, you will be billed for the active audience level in each sub.

You could simply roll your current account into one sub account on an agency plan, keeping your list together and only being charged for one sub. If you want to separate your list out at all in order to give your managers access to only certain contacts, you could add additional sub accounts. Managers would only be able to see the email drafts and contacts in the sub accounts you give them access to. 

I hope this helps! Let me know if you'd like to discuss this further.
Photo of UC Santa Barbara Library

UC Santa Barbara Library

• 6 Posts
  • 0 Reply Likes
Could you provide me with the pricing on an agency account? Thanks!

• 2203 Posts
  • 158 Reply Likes
Absolutely! I will reach out to you by email to talk specifics. :)
Photo of Global Brigades

Global Brigades

• 5 Posts
  • 0 Reply Likes
Could you please send me an email as well about the pricing on an agency account?

• 2203 Posts
  • 158 Reply Likes
You bet!
Photo of UC Santa Barbara Library

UC Santa Barbara Library

• 6 Posts
  • 0 Reply Likes
I would also like to know about this...how do I know if I have a pro account or some other account? I would like to set up users in my organization to just manage certain parts of the account. thanks!
Photo of Katie Lewis

Katie Lewis, Official Rep

• 3414 Posts
  • 309 Reply Likes
Hi all! I'm stepping in for Laura while she's out of the office. Global Brigades, we're doing some research on your current account type and will reach out with more info to figure out if an agency account type like Laura describes is a good fit for you.

I'd love to learn more about your unique needs. Would you mind answering one or two questions to help us understand how you work?

Photo of Global Brigades

Global Brigades

• 5 Posts
  • 0 Reply Likes
Hi Katie, any updates on this?
Photo of Katie Lewis

Katie Lewis, Official Rep

• 3414 Posts
  • 309 Reply Likes
I spoke with the Product Team, and we're planning to allow multiple users at some point next year. Huzzah! :) If you haven't already voted in the above survey, those results will be integral to the direction we go in, so definitely use that survey to let us know how your team works.
Photo of Gold Bond, Inc.

Gold Bond, Inc.

• 6 Posts
  • 0 Reply Likes
Could you please send me an email as well about the pricing on an agency account with multiple users? Thank you!

• 2203 Posts
  • 158 Reply Likes
You bet!
Photo of Hana E.

Hana E., Alum

• 15 Posts
  • 3 Reply Likes
Hi Global Brigades and UC Santa Barbara Library! Hana here, from the product team. I'd love to learn more about your multi-user needs, so keep an eye on your inbox for a note from me! 
Photo of Austin Lloyd

Austin Lloyd

• 7 Posts
  • 1 Reply Like
This reply was created from a merged topic originally titled Adding multiple users with a professional account.

I currently have a professional account and we want multiple users to be able to access Emma (about 3 or 4). How do I provide them access? Can they have different levels of access and different logins?
Photo of Kenneth Coakley

Kenneth Coakley

• 8 Posts
  • 1 Reply Like
This reply was created from a merged topic originally titled Add a user to account.

How can I give additional users access to my Emma account without sharing my admin login information? I'd like to grant a few other users the ability to create emails.

Thanks,
Ken
Photo of Kenneth Coakley

Kenneth Coakley

• 8 Posts
  • 1 Reply Like
Upon further reading, it looks like I would need to upgrade to an Agency Account to accomplish what I'm after. Could someone please send me additional information and pricing for upgrading to an Agency Account?

Thanks,
Ken

• 2203 Posts
  • 158 Reply Likes
Hi Kenneth -- Just closing the loop here. It looks like my colleague Laura is working with you on this via email. Thanks!
Photo of Kenneth Coakley

Kenneth Coakley

• 8 Posts
  • 1 Reply Like
Yes, I did receive an email. Thank you very much.
Photo of Eldorado Stone

Eldorado Stone

• 4 Posts
  • 0 Reply Likes
This reply was created from a merged topic originally titled how do I add a user to my account.

We have a business account and I would like to assign a login to someone in our organization. How do I add them? 
Photo of TVNY

TVNY

• 2 Posts
  • 0 Reply Likes
This reply was created from a merged topic originally titled Export Contacts Access Control.

Can I control or turn off the ability to export our audience groups?
Photo of Loyola University New Orleans

Loyola University New Orleans

• 2 Posts
  • 0 Reply Likes
This reply was created from a merged topic originally titled Can I limit managers from sending mailings without a secondary review via permiss....

I am having a problem with my agency account mangers. They are sending out their emails without doing the final proofing via my office. In order to force this to happen, I would like to limit their access to not being able to actually send the email. I want them to be able to do everything else up until this point. Is this possible or can it be an added feature?
Photo of Cynthia

Cynthia

• 123 Posts
  • 29 Reply Likes
I'd like to show my support for multiple-users functionality. We are considering hiring a marketing assistant and I would like to have the ability to add this person as a user to our current account without signing up for an agency account.
Photo of JenniferWilliams1

JenniferWilliams1

• 22 Posts
  • 1 Reply Like
This reply was created from a merged topic originally titled Limiting Who Can Export Lists.

Is there a way to limit who can export a list?  We would like to have team member able to create and send emails, but not have access to export the lists.  Thanks for your help.

• 2203 Posts
  • 158 Reply Likes
Hi there -- I've merged your question here because, while you are an agency customer with the abilty to create multiple users, we don't currently have this type of access level. You can create a response only client level username from the settings for that sub-account, but we don't currently differentiate between Audience and Campaigns access. We hope to expand the multi-user functionality with varying access profiles in the future!
Photo of George Mason University

George Mason University

• 2 Posts
  • 1 Reply Like
I'd sure like to see this activated for the University edition. We have a central unit that manages the templates and helps sub-account owners with setting up their campaigns. The agency account is in my name and my designer does not have access to the Assets so he can work with the templates for us.

• 2203 Posts
  • 158 Reply Likes
Hi! Thanks for adding your voice here. We still have plans to build out multi-user functionality with varying permission levels for our tiered and pro accounts, but it isn't in place yet. As an agency, you've got a leg up already with the ability to create manager usernames. You could create a manager login for your designer and grant access to Assets by giving access to all sub-accounts as well.

You can do that by checking this box in the access section of the manager settings.

Photo of AGC of Washington

AGC of Washington

• 91 Posts
  • 6 Reply Likes
We also have the need to allow an additional admin log-in -- and I see from posts above, from a year ago, that say that this feature was expected to be added "next year" -- which we're now in! Any news on this? Is it doable?

• 2203 Posts
  • 158 Reply Likes
Hi AGC -- I'll see if I can get an update for you!
Photo of George Mason University

George Mason University

• 2 Posts
  • 1 Reply Like
Great - our individual units also have need for multiple people using the same account.

• 2203 Posts
  • 158 Reply Likes
Update as promised -- our Product Team is hoping to have significant work done on this feature within the first half of this year. Thanks for your patience! I'll be sure to keep you updated here and loop you in if we need users for a beta group. :)
Photo of Diocese of Springfield

Diocese of Springfield

• 2 Posts
  • 0 Reply Likes
Hi Emily! I was curious if there was an update to the status of this feature.

• 2203 Posts
  • 158 Reply Likes
Hi there! Yes, this is still high on our priority list. We're aiming for May here, but of course, all product work is subject to change. I'll keep you updated!
Photo of NorfolkCounty

NorfolkCounty

• 13 Posts
  • 1 Reply Like
How is progress going on multiple users on same account with access to different audiences, etc. We are very interested in this?
Photo of Grey Stepp

Grey Stepp, Support Team Manager

• 1697 Posts
  • 135 Reply Likes
We're getting close on this one!  Rolling this out is going to come in phases, where at first we'll be creating the ability to have multiple users, then we'll be creating various levels of gating that can happen to create different types of users.  

I don't have an exact date, but I know we're getting close!  
Photo of AGC of Washington

AGC of Washington

• 91 Posts
  • 6 Reply Likes
Thanks, Emily. Look forward to hearing more on this. I'll definitely hope that this simple but very needed feature won't be reserved only for the most expensive membership categories.
This reply was created from a merged topic originally titled Multiple logins for one account??.

We would like to have multiple logins for one account. How do we achieve this?
Photo of Sunday Breakfast

Sunday Breakfast

• 1 Post
  • 0 Reply Likes
This reply was created from a merged topic originally titled Adding Admins.

I would like to add multiple members of my team to this account so that they can edit and send emails. Please tell me how to do this.
Photo of Grey Stepp

• 1697 Posts
  • 135 Reply Likes
Hey there!  Thanks so much for reaching out!  I've gone ahead and merged your question in with this thread, because, as you can see, this is actually something that a lot of folks have requested and that we are actively working on as an update!  

I don't have an official release date on this yet, but I DO know that we're working hard to have this available this year!  

I'll be posting back on this thread when this option becomes live, so now you'll be "in-the-know" for when it does come out!  

Cheers!
Photo of Grey Stepp

• 1698 Posts
  • 135 Reply Likes
Official Response
Hey there folks!  

I have good news!  

We are going to be beginning Beta testing for what we're calling "Emma For Teams" in the next couple of weeks!  

Very important note, this will only be available for those on our current pricing plans in either a Plus or Premium account.  This also will not currently be available to any Agency or Org subs.  

If you are currently on one of our Plus or Premium plans and are interested in checking out the Beta of our new Emma For Teams, post a comment on this thread and we'll reach out in the next couple of weeks as we're adding folks to the test!  

If you're not sure what plan you're on or want to check out how the new pricing plans are set up, check out http://myemma.com/pricing . 

Cheers!  

- Grey 
Photo of Diocese of Springfield

Diocese of Springfield

• 2 Posts
  • 0 Reply Likes
I would like to be contacted about participating in the beta of the new Emma for Teams.
Photo of Grey Stepp

• 1698 Posts
  • 135 Reply Likes
Thanks!  

It looks like you're actually on one of our older pricing plans.  In order to be eligible for Emma for Teams, you'll need to be on either a Plus or Premium package plan.  

You can check those out here:  http://myemma.com/pricing 

Let me know if you'd like for me to have someone reach out to you about upgrading your plan and I'll be happy to! 
Photo of YMCA Buffalo Niagra

YMCA Buffalo Niagra

• 1 Post
  • 0 Reply Likes
If possible, I'd love to be contacted about participating in the beta of the new Emma for Teams, but I don't know what plan we're on. I have checked out your pricing page but it doesn't fit with what we have.
Photo of Grey Stepp

• 1698 Posts
  • 135 Reply Likes
Hey there YMCA Buffalo Niagra!  

Yeah, it looks like you're on one of our older pricing plans.  

If you'd like, I can have someone reach out to discuss what it would look like for you to move up to our Plus plan.  Let me know!  

Cheers!

- G