Side borders are mis-aligned in custom template when viewing in Outlook 2013

• Question
  • Updated 5 years ago
  • Answered
  • (Edited)
Archived and Closed

This conversation is no longer open for comments or replies and is no longer visible to community members. The community moderator provided the following reason for archiving: Resolved

When viewing our customized template in Outlook 2010, the side borders do not line up with the image above it. See sample below:
Is there anything that can be done about this?
Photo of Glenn Rasmussen, P.A.

Glenn Rasmussen, P.A.

• 2 Posts
  • 0 Reply Likes
  • frustrated

Posted 6 years ago

Photo of John

John, Employee

• 5 Posts
  • 0 Reply Likes
Hi Glenn,

Thank you for posting your question. The screenshot you included was extremely beneficial to the troubleshooting process.

After creating a copy/clone of the campaign in question, I noticed there may have been some Microsoft Office formatting which could have been added if all or portions of the content had been pasted onto your template. Pasting content into your campaign is just fine, however we recommend utilizing the 'remove formatting' button from your toolbar or pasting your content into a plain text program (Text Edit or Notepad) to remove non-compatible formatting prior to sending to your audience.

I removed formatting which may have caused the trouble you encountered and ran a quick test. You can see the test results here: https://litmus.com/pub/09328ba

If you could try testing the campaign called "2014 Florida Minimum Wage - v2" to your inbox, the borders should now line up in Outlook '07, '10, and '13.
Photo of BADMINTON England

BADMINTON England

• 5 Posts
  • 0 Reply Likes
Hi John,

I have the same issue on our BADMINTON England Community template whereby the right hand border is not aligned. This is not aligned before I have even pasted in anything. I have sent tests to different email accounts and there still appears to be a problem.

It would be great if you can help me on this issue as I need to send out a mailing this afternoon.  
Photo of Tyler Scott

Tyler Scott, Employee

• 805 Posts
  • 39 Reply Likes
Hello! Do you have a screenshot of what you're running into and also what email program are you currently viewing the mailing in? I can then jump in to do some further research. I created a new mailing here with the "Badminton England" template while leaving the mailing blank and sending a test I didn't see any misalignment with that right border. 

Thanks!

BADMINTON England

• 5 Posts
  • 0 Reply Likes

Hi Tyler,

I have attached the template where the border is misaligned. You will see it is misaligned on the right hand side.

Photo of Tyler Scott

Tyler Scott, Employee

• 805 Posts
  • 39 Reply Likes
Thanks for the screenshot and for some reason I'm still not seeing it view like that in the editor (in neither Chrome or Firefox). Running a test though to see how it views in different email programs, I do see it that border kick into the margin. With that being said I've sent a note over to our design team to take a look at that template. I'll be sure to keep you posted once I hear back from them.

Thanks!
Photo of Tyler Scott

Tyler Scott, Employee

• 805 Posts
  • 39 Reply Likes
Hey there! I wanted to let you know I heard back from our design team and that template is good to go now. Sorry for the troubles, but please let me know if I can assist further.

Have a great weekend!

BADMINTON England

• 5 Posts
  • 0 Reply Likes

Hi Tyler,

Thank you for the reply. There still seems to be a problem! The border is now aligned. However, when adding images it gets slightly misaligned again, very strange I think. I don't know what has happened. The template never had these issues before. I have attached a screen shot to show this. You can see on the right hand side is slight offline.

I look forward to your reply,

Sanj 

Photo of Tyler Scott

Tyler Scott, Employee

• 805 Posts
  • 39 Reply Likes
Hey Sanj! Sorry for the troubles with that right border. I ran another test here and am not seeing that right border as being off. And maybe my eyes are being tricky, but I'm not seeing the right border misaligned on your screenshot either. I did notice the image of the man holding the trophy was massive (3608 x 2652) and that could cause some troubles with the borders/margins. We recommend images be no larger than 480 x 480 for use in the body of a mailing. Please check out the mailing saved as EMMA TESTING as this includes a resized image. 

Please give me a shout though if you're still seeing some misalignment with that mailing.

Thanks!

BADMINTON England

• 5 Posts
  • 0 Reply Likes

Hey Tyler,

Thanks for looking into the problem. I think it might be a browser issue. In Google Chrome the border appears to be misaligned. However, in Internet Explorer is seems to be fine. When I send a test from Google Chrome to my Hotmail account the borders are still misaligned.

I guess I will have to use IE in the future for mailings. I am worried if I send any mailings from Chrome then our members will see the misaligned border. Many thanks with your help.

Cheers,

Sanj