Suggestions for signup form integrations

• Question
  • Updated 4 years ago
  • Answered
  • (Edited)
Archived and Closed

This conversation is no longer open for comments or replies and is no longer visible to community members. The community moderator provided the following reason for archiving: Outdated

We've been trying to create an attractive popup sign up form to put on our site for a while now and have not been happy with any of the solutions so far. A lot of popup plugins claim to integrate with Emma, but then require you to do a lot of the heaving lifting and dig into the code. We've also tried using Zapier to integrate with Wufoo but that didn't give us the results we were looking for either.

Does anyone have suggestions for what has worked best for them in the past? Emma, any plans to update the look of the sign up form? I noticed the one you use on your site looks much nicer than what is available to us.

Photo of Diane

Diane

• 44 Posts
  • 1 Reply Like

Posted 5 years ago

Photo of Marketing Geni

Marketing Geni

• 16 Posts
  • 10 Reply Likes
Hi Diane,
I have not done much with Pop ups but I work with Formstack ALOT...they are, in my humble opinion, one of the best/robust form building solutions out there...magnificently simple to use with some dynamic conditional logic options. Here is a screenshot of just a few of their embed methods and it is great because you create the form and then simply copy and paste one of the various snippets they produce for you. Also you can integrate directly into Emma but I use Zapier from there so I can better control what/where I want the data to go and what sign up form I want to use to trigger the appropriate emails in Emma. Hope this helps. Feel free to reach out if you need more info/assistance!
Photo of Barbara O'Toole

Barbara O'Toole, Champion

• 65 Posts
  • 20 Reply Likes
Hey, Marketing Geni - thanks for the share. Do you use in conjunction with WordPress or are you working with HTML sites typically?
Photo of Marketing Geni

Marketing Geni

• 16 Posts
  • 10 Reply Likes
So it is easily used with HTML, Javascript, Wordpress...here is an other screenshot. Also you can check things out on their forum HERE (speaks specifically to Wordpress) If you find a better option would really appreciate if you can loop back around here and share in the future...I am always on the hunt for amazing simplicity. :)
Photo of Barbara O'Toole

• 65 Posts
  • 20 Reply Likes
Hi, Diane: I'm with you on this one! I've been searching for something with more pizazz! This article in Mashable ( http://mashable.com/2012/02/16/web-form-builders/) has some other options (besides Formstack) and I noticed Zoho Creator might be a possibility. Do you have an HTML site or are you using WordPress?
Photo of Barbara O'Toole

• 65 Posts
  • 20 Reply Likes
I'll do it, Marketing Geni! Thanks again! Simplicity to the Fore! LOL
Photo of TriStar Pension, LLC

TriStar Pension, LLC

• 7 Posts
  • 2 Reply Likes
I am also having a really hard time finding a pop up plugin that integrates with Emma. I really like popupally but I can't find an embed version of the Emma code. Also, Emma's plugin would work but it is no longer managed and it shows the e-mails coming from Wordpress, and that can't be fixed.
Photo of Barbara O'Toole

• 65 Posts
  • 20 Reply Likes
Hi, TriStar, there is a cool free popup from SumoMe. Perhaps we can put our heads together and get it to work with EMMA. I'll get back with you on that. And let me know if you try it. ~ Barbara

BTW, find it at sumome.com, scroll to the very bottom and you'll see there is a plug-in version for Wordpress also.
(Edited)
Photo of TriStar Pension, LLC

TriStar Pension, LLC

• 7 Posts
  • 2 Reply Likes
That's a great resource, thanks for sharing!
(Edited)
Photo of Diane

Diane

• 44 Posts
  • 1 Reply Like
Thanks for these suggestions everyone! We ended up getting the Pippity Wordpress plugin to work with a little help from their support team. I would still love to see an improved form from Emma - that would definitely make things easier! :)
(Edited)
Photo of Hana E.

Hana E., Alum

• 15 Posts
  • 3 Reply Likes
These are great points and suggestions, and I'm really excited to see the interest in this style of form.

In the next few weeks, we're releasing a lightbox style email signup form, and it sounds similar to what you're looking for. There's a Community conversation in progress here, and I'm curious to hear if this will meet your needs! 

If so, I'd love to add you to our beta list for early access to these forms. Feel free to comment here or send a note to hana@myemma.com if interested!
Photo of Yumi Kim

Yumi Kim

• 2 Posts
  • 0 Reply Likes
Hi Hana,

We'd love access to the new forms too.  Thanks!
Photo of Katie Lewis

Katie Lewis, Official Rep

• 3414 Posts
  • 309 Reply Likes
Hey there! We're turning on forms for you in May, if you can wait just a bit longer. :) So glad you're excited to use them.