Slow Load Times Today

• Problem
  • Updated 5 years ago
  • Solved
Archived and Closed

This conversation is no longer open for comments or replies and is no longer visible to community members. The community moderator provided the following reason for archiving: Resolved

I have been experiencing very slow load times all day today, but there are no reports of it on your status page. I had to call tech support earlier because I was getting a 500 error code when trying to search for a particular email address in the audience tab. 

I am now receiving the following message when trying to load the web version of an email we sent this week.

{"error": "(OperationalError) could not connect to server: Connection timed out\n\tIs the server running on host \"pg01.int\" (10.0.4.240) and accepting\n\tTCP/IP connections on port 6432?\n None None"}

Please advise. 
Photo of Visit Philadelphia

Visit Philadelphia

• 16 Posts
  • 0 Reply Likes

Posted 5 years ago

Photo of Visit Philadelphia

Visit Philadelphia

• 16 Posts
  • 0 Reply Likes
I was just able to load the web version, but it took several tries. Any update would be great. Thanks.
Photo of Kyle Floyd

Kyle Floyd, Official Rep

• 178 Posts
  • 26 Reply Likes
Hi Philadelphia,

Thanks for posting here and alerting us to the slow load times. I saw your post arrive and immediately looped our systems team in to do some investigating.

At present we can see there were two spikes is server activity this afternoon. One from approximately 1:22pm - 1:26pm Central and the second from 1:33pm - 1:38pm Central based on usage charts. Those would have resulted in some page load errors.

Our team is continuing to investigate the cause of the spikes in usage. In both cases, server activity leveled out quickly. We are continuing to keep an eye on things here but don't anticipate this will be an ongoing problem.

Also, I am glad to hear that after a few minutes you were able to get the web version to load. I really do appreciate the update.
Photo of amazon pixels

amazon pixels

• 1 Post
  • 0 Reply Likes
Same thing here -- was told by Laura that it was a problem with "our" server and/or our connection.
Hard to believe since both the error returned show the same IP number. Granted these outages are temporary, but temporary is not an option, when it means a lost sale, or worse an opt-out. I'd like to know what you folks are doing to address capacity issues. Thanks.

Photo of Aaron A. Coleman

Aaron A. Coleman, Alum

• 37 Posts
  • 2 Reply Likes
Hi there, Amazon Pixels!

Aaron from Emma support here.  I definitely understand your concern.
We used to allow multiple exports to run simultaneously and found that our servers were running short on memory if there were multiple large exports happening. Now we only allow one export to run at a time, we hope this increases overall export speed and more importantly keeps Emma's servers nice a stable.  

I hope this answers your question.