Some of those active on my "Audience" list didn't receive the mailing-specifically, MY BOSSES. Help!

• Question
  • Updated 5 years ago
  • Answered
Archived and Closed

This conversation is no longer open for comments or replies and is no longer visible to community members.

I sent our first mailing, my bosses had been on my list for months (says added August 25), and they did not receive it. Why are some of those it said it was sent to not receiving it, specifically, my bosses? I added them manually, but they are listed as active.
Photo of Code Studio

Code Studio

• 7 Posts
  • 0 Reply Likes
  • Frustrated

Posted 5 years ago

Photo of Emily Hollingsworth

Emily Hollingsworth, Alum

• 2203 Posts
  • 158 Reply Likes
Hi there -- I hopped into your account and saw that your most recent mailing is still in progress. This might explain why your bosses have not received your mailing yet. Once that mailing is finished sending, it will move over to the "completed" tab of your Response page.

I also searched your audience for any addresses that share your domain name (assuming your bosses addresses do). I found a couple that were added on August 25 and checked their contact histories. You can do this as well by pulling up their contact record and clicking over to the "contact history" tab. You can see there that both of those addresses have received and opened everything you've sent them through Sept. 29. I would check back here once that mailing has completed to see if it shows as a mailing sent to those addresses and whether or not it was received. 

I hope this helps!
Photo of Code Studio

Code Studio

• 7 Posts
  • 0 Reply Likes
Thanks! They actually never received it and it has now been 24 hours. The addresses are colin@code-studio.com and lee@code-studio.com
Photo of Emily Hollingsworth

Emily Hollingsworth, Alum

• 2203 Posts
  • 158 Reply Likes
Is it possible that those two addresses were added to the Mailing 1 group after you sent that 9/30 mailing? Their contact records are not showing that they were sent this mailing, but I can see that they are in the group sent to:

We can't see when a contact was added to a group, but that could be the case here if you remember when you added them. As a test, you could try adding just those two contacts to a new group and sending the mailing to just that group. That way we can narrow down the possible hangups in the send process. Let me know!