Some users are unable to create or edit mailings

• Announcement
  • Updated 5 years ago
Archived and Closed

This conversation is no longer open for comments or replies and is no longer visible to community members. The community moderator provided the following reason for archiving: Resolved

A small number of Emma users have reported they are unable to open, create, or edit mailings within the Campaigns section of their account. From our initial research, the affected users are those that have also linked a SurveyMonkey account to their Emma account. Our systems teams have researched a workaround and we expect a release very soon. We will keep you updated here once that work is done.

If you want more technical details, continue reading:

The root cause of this system issue today is what is being referred to as the POODLE Attack on SSLv3 which is a "handshake protocol" widely used by web applications to pass data from one system to another. That protocol was used by SurveyMonkey and many other web applications so no doubt a number of other systems administrators are working through similar updates that Emma's team is working through today. If you would like to dive even deeper into this, you can read more at Google's Online Security Blog.
Photo of Kyle Floyd

Kyle Floyd, Official Rep

• 178 Posts
  • 26 Reply Likes

Posted 5 years ago

Photo of OCHIN

OCHIN

• 2 Posts
  • 1 Reply Like
We disconnected our Survey Monkey account from Emma a few months ago -- but now we're having the 500 error problem. So maybe it's not 100% that issue?
Photo of Kyle Floyd

Kyle Floyd, Official Rep

• 178 Posts
  • 26 Reply Likes
Hi OCHIN, Great question.

I ran this by our systems team and learned that accounts may be impacted if at anytime they had connected to SurveyMonkey through their Emma account.
Photo of OCHIN

OCHIN

• 2 Posts
  • 1 Reply Like
Oh dear. Ok.
Photo of Farmers Fire Insurance Company-

Farmers Fire Insurance Company-

• 1 Post
  • 0 Reply Likes
Any progress towards a resolution?
Photo of Resolutions Northwest

Resolutions Northwest

• 3 Posts
  • 0 Reply Likes
Do you have any idea how long until this issue is resolved. Are we to wait this out? Is there anything on the user side that we should do? This a huge disruption to work.
Photo of Kyle Floyd

Kyle Floyd, Official Rep

• 178 Posts
  • 26 Reply Likes
Hi Resolutions,

I agree, this is definitely a disruption to work and is one being felt all across the internet environment. We were alerted by Google about the vulnerability in SSL 3.0, which is a security system that Emma and lots of other web-based services rely on, last night. They also shared the update on their blog today which has no doubt created a very busy day for security and systems administrators all around the globe.

I have just checked your account and you should now be good to login and work with no trouble.
Photo of Kyle Floyd

Kyle Floyd, Official Rep

• 178 Posts
  • 26 Reply Likes
Hi,

Our systems team has just completed a release which will allow you to open, create, and edit mailings within your Emma account. I will post additional details here once I have them but wanted to quickly let you know that Campaign creation and editing should now function properly.