Suppression audience for automated campaigns??

• Question
  • Updated 3 years ago
  • Answered
  • (Edited)
Archived and Closed

This conversation is no longer open for comments or replies and is no longer visible to community members.

Is there a way to upload a suppression list of email addresses for an automated campaign in Emma? Ideally at the master level, as opposed to within each individual email in the campaign.

Here's my situation: I have the automated campaign set up to trigger to people who opt in via a form, however I also have a master list of people who are in that same audience that I'd like to exclude from receiving emails in this campaign. Both the lists are updated with new users daily (those who opt in via the form as well as those I'd like to suppress from the campaign). So I'd like to be able to update the suppression list daily before the automated campaign triggers to avoid sending emails to those specific people. The only way I can think to exclude these people in the audience is to manually opt them out, which seems less than ideal as I may want to email them something different later.

Any help would be greatly appreciated!

Thanks!
Photo of Mogl

Mogl

• 9 Posts
  • 3 Reply Likes

Posted 4 years ago

Photo of Josué F. Machado

Josué F. Machado, Champion

• 76 Posts
  • 49 Reply Likes
How about if instead of sending to a group you set up a segment to send to. You can set up a condition for your segment where it will have the users that filled the form but that are not in the suppression list. Once you load the records into the suppression group, they will be excluded when the email campaign is sent. Hope this makes sense and helps.
Photo of Mogl

Mogl

• 9 Posts
  • 3 Reply Likes
Thats a great idea, I haven't used segments much and this suggestion works perfectly! Thanks so much for the advice!
Photo of Emily Hollingsworth

Emily Hollingsworth, Alum

• 2203 Posts
  • 158 Reply Likes
Official Response
Hey Mogl, I wanted to make sure you're aware that today we launched a new feature, the ability to exclude a segment from receiving your mailing. We've posted details on that release here, and are excited to get it in front of you to see how it will meet your needs! 
(Edited)