What steps can I try when my Emma account seems slow?

• Question
  • Updated 5 years ago
  • Answered
  • (Edited)
Archived and Closed

This conversation is no longer open for comments or replies and is no longer visible to community members. The community moderator provided the following reason for archiving: Didn't hear back from community member

Have been trying to login for the past 30 minutes and sometimes I can get logged in but it is extremely slow.  Usually once I am logged in, I try to open my campaign and most of the features (adding an image or other content) are not showing up OR the system will time out and I have to log in again.  Need to send a campaign out by 10 am CST!!!  Using Firefox 30.0
Photo of Waitt Interactive

Waitt Interactive

• 4 Posts
  • 0 Reply Likes
  • frustrated!

Posted 5 years ago

Photo of Katie Lewis

Katie Lewis, Official Rep

• 3414 Posts
  • 309 Reply Likes
I’m sorry to hear you’re having trouble! I jumped into your account using Firefox 30 and am able to zoom around in your mailing without seeing that same slowness, so I’m curious about your internet connection. Does this happen no matter the connection you use? What about if you try another browser or machine?

Will you also please try clearing your cache and cookies in Firefox?

Waitt Interactive

• 4 Posts
  • 0 Reply Likes
Yes it happens no matter the connection.  I cleared the cache and cookies and it is still very slow.   I am able to login but when I try to do anything else it thinks forever and then times out.

Photo of Katie Lewis

• 3414 Posts
  • 309 Reply Likes
Would you be up for taking this speed test? Select the Atlanta location, and it will take 30 seconds to a minute to test your connection speed. When it’s done, let me know the numbers for your download and upload speeds.

Are you running any sort of anti-virus or security software?

Does this happen in another browser, too? I’m wondering if there’s a toolbar or plug-in in Firefox that’s creating a problem.

Waitt Interactive

• 4 Posts
  • 0 Reply Likes
Speed test results:
48.97 mbps download speed
5.50 mbps upload speed

Yes our company has a firewall but this has never been an issue in the past so not sure why it would be now.

And yes happens in Safari as well.

Waitt Interactive

• 4 Posts
  • 0 Reply Likes
I am able to login to other website quickly and with no problem - My Emma is the only one having an issue.
Photo of Katie Lewis

• 3414 Posts
  • 309 Reply Likes
I think we may have found the culprit. Here are my results:

20.10 Mbps download
18.45 Mbps upload

Download and upload speeds, if they don't match, should at least be very close to one another. Your download speed seems quite slow — That must be frustrating! I'm by no means an expert in network setups, so I suggest checking in with your IT contact to see if there's been a recent change to that firewall or your system that could be interfering with your Emma account. If it’s possible to disable or suspend that firewall for your testing, you might try that, too.

Keep me posted!
Photo of Katie Lewis

• 3414 Posts
  • 309 Reply Likes
Hi! I want to check in again before our holiday weekend to see if I can still help.
Photo of Katie Lewis

• 3414 Posts
  • 309 Reply Likes
I’m hoping you’re all set now. I’ve gone ahead and updated this conversation’s subject line so others having trouble can find these ideas.
Photo of Life is good Playmakers

Life is good Playmakers

• 9 Posts
  • 0 Reply Likes
I'm having the same issue. Not only does it run slow on all browsers at work but it runs slow on all browsers at home as well. Could it be if more than one person is logged into the account at one time? There are a few folks on my team that like to log in to look at old mailings and check responses while I'm also building emails too. Please let me know.
Photo of Katie Lewis

• 3414 Posts
  • 309 Reply Likes
Hi there! We've been corresponding over email, and I spotted that you posted here, too. Having more than one person logged in at once won't cause account slowness. Which browsers and versions are you using? (I'm in Firefox 32.) As long as you're in an updated browser, would you mind answering some of the above questions I posed to Waitt Interactive? Having those answers is really helpful to troubleshoot what could be causing the slowness.

Life is good Playmakers

• 9 Posts
  • 0 Reply Likes
Firefox 32, Chrome 37 and Safari 7.0.6. Which browser should I do the speed test for?
Photo of Katie Lewis

• 3414 Posts
  • 309 Reply Likes
You can do the speed test in whichever browser you use most regularly. Some other questions I'm interested in:
  1. Have you cleared your browser's cache and cookies, shut down the browser and restarted it?
  2. What specific action are you taking when the account seems slow? For example, are you uploading a particular image or clicking a certain link?
  3. Are you running anti-virus or security software?
  4. Does your browser have many plug-ins? Are you able to uninstall and reinstall your browser at the factory settings to see if the plug-ins are the culprit?

Life is good Playmakers

• 9 Posts
  • 0 Reply Likes
Did the speed test on firefox:

DOWNLOAD SPEED: 302.32Mbps
UPLOAD SPEED: 123.67Mbps

1.  Yes, I cleared my browsers cache, cookies and entire history and also restarted the browser. Does this need to be done everytime I want to log into MyEmma?

2. I am visiting your website, trying to log into my account.

3. no

4. My browser doesn't ahve any plug ins

Not only is this happening on my desktop and lap top but it is happening to others on my team as well on their computers.

Photo of Katie Lewis

• 3414 Posts
  • 309 Reply Likes
When in Firefox, I have a 69.33 Mbps download speed and 93.11 Mbps upload speed. Do you get your same results at another internet connection? You mentioned that you've tried at home in addition to the office -- Are you using different machines for that testing?

You certainly don't have to clear your cache and cookies every time you want to log into Emma. Since Emma is web-based, it helps to try this step to make sure there isn't something stored in your browser history that's interfering with how the app works.

Are you only seeing this slowness when you try to go to www.myemma.com/login? What if you try logging in at https://app.e2ma.net/app2/login/?