table problems in D&D editor

  • 2
  • Problem
  • Updated 5 years ago
  • In Progress
Archived and Closed

This conversation is no longer open for comments or replies and is no longer visible to community members. The community moderator provided the following reason for archiving: Resolved

Hi,
I think I've found a workaround at least for now, but it took a lot of wasted time and client confusion and I thought you might want to work on it. I encountered 2 different sets of problems trying to use a table in my campaign layout: one when I was working within a text box embedded in the template itself, and another set of issues working with a table the regular D&D editor text box. In both cases, I was working in code view and Emma insisted on rewriting my code each time I saved it and either exited the code view into my campaign, or saved/exited the campaign and came back to it.

1) Working in the text box embedded in my template: Emma added all kinds of extra cells and a ton of extra classes/attributes--I think these were the extra cells for the drag selectors in the wysiwyg table editor, but they were also added to my regular active cells and weird classes/attributes applied to any links within those active cells. It was really frustrating because this extra cruft kept reappearing and breaking my table if I tried to remove it and make the table clean and streamlined.

2) Working in the regular text editor, also in code view, if I used the "insert table" feature or hand-coded my table, in all cases every time I save the campaign, exit and come back to it, Emma would:

-- strip all my styling from my <td>s
-- add extra empty <div>s into the <td>s
-- add "draggable:false;" to my <a> inside a <td>

I finally searched the forums and found reference to a suggestion of using the raw html box as a workaround. That's fine for now, but I really think this deserves fixing because if you're working in code view in any kind of box Emma should respect your code.

Thanks for all your help,
Dawn

Photo of Dawn Sword

Dawn Sword

  • 34 Posts
  • 3 Reply Likes

Posted 5 years ago

  • 2
Photo of Tyler Scott

Tyler Scott, Employee

  • 805 Posts
  • 39 Reply Likes
Hey Dawn! Sorry for the frustrations with the table tool. Can you please let me know which sub-account and campaign which you were running into these issues? Also can you please send me the code which you're attempting to enter? I'll then jump in to test a few things, so I can get a complete picture of what is occurring with these tables. In the case you don't feel comfortable posting the code here you can email me tscott at myemma dot com or you could upload the code as a document into the document library, so I could access there as well.

Thanks!
Photo of Dawn Sword

Dawn Sword

  • 34 Posts
  • 3 Reply Likes
Hi Scott,
Thanks for your quick response! Because the client had an urgent deadline, I had to use a workaround and took out the code that was causing trouble, but I saved it and can email it to you privately. I can also set up a duplicate message to illustrate the different types of problems I saw. I'm on deadline this afternoon but will try to get this to you later this afternoon or tomorrow morning.
Photo of Dawn Sword

Dawn Sword

  • 34 Posts
  • 3 Reply Likes
Haha, I meant Hi, Tyler. ;)
Photo of Tyler Scott

Tyler Scott, Employee

  • 805 Posts
  • 39 Reply Likes
Hey Dawn! Sounds good and I'll keep an eye out for your email. No worries on the name! Ever since grade school I've become accustomed to being called Scott :-)
Photo of Allison

Allison

  • 9 Posts
  • 0 Reply Likes
Hey Dawn, Thanks for posting this! I'm currently having the same problem with the styles being stripped from a table in my campaign, and I was going nuts because I'm on a tight deadline. Your email is a life saver :-)